Thread: Spring Gun Tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    k, stripped all down, and degreased, noticed a tiny dent on the piston seal, think i may have done that when refitting it, could that cause such a big drop in power as its a very very small dent, if so can you recommend a supplier and any tips on refitting it into the chamber avoiding any damage, also next time i change mainsprings can you recommend a certain make for quality and power, thanks

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie642 View Post
    k, stripped all down, and degreased, noticed a tiny dent on the piston seal, think i may have done that when refitting it, could that cause such a big drop in power as its a very very small dent, if so can you recommend a supplier and any tips on refitting it into the chamber avoiding any damage, also next time i change mainsprings can you recommend a certain make for quality and power, thanks
    If the piston seal is letting air past it, you can expect lower power, harsher recoil and poorer accuracy. I don't know if the 'dent' you mention is letting air past. If you put the piston in the cylinder without the spring, and hold your finger over the transfer port & press the piston forward with a dowel, you should get an idea of whether the piston seal is working well. Cuts on the lip of the piston seal can have a dramatic effect on power.

Maccari in the USA does a nice tuning kit for this rifle -

Usually takes a couple of weeks, but worth the wait. Price depends on exchange rate.

Spring and guides -

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Special piston washer

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...485/945836.htm

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If the piston seal is letting air past it, you can expect lower power, harsher recoil and poorer accuracy. I don't know if the 'dent' you mention is letting air past. If you put the piston in the cylinder without the spring, and hold your finger over the transfer port & press the piston forward with a dowel, you should get an idea of whether the piston seal is working well. Cuts on the lip of the piston seal can have a dramatic effect on power.

Maccari in the USA does a nice tuning kit for this rifle -

Usually takes a couple of weeks, but worth the wait. Price depends on exchange rate.

Spring and guides -

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Special piston washer

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...485/945836.htm

good luck
    Mr uk litehammer is well into Maccari for his air rifles which are top notch and he knows his stuff so it's got to be quality gear
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

thanks

Will look out for a older model I was a bit unsure about getting parts like seals. But after reading this I will give it a go. Thanks from Mick