Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet 16,

Sweet 16,

Well good morning fellas, after about 12 months of not shooting I've finally got rid of some of my other hobbies to allow me back in the shooting fraternity ( sp ).

I've currently got a Venom Viper and fancied something with either mutli shot ( more than 2 ) or something with a big shot capacity, i remembered from my earlier day about the stealth problems and also the Sweet16 problems, I have searched and found info about the MK1 16 and you'd be better off swinging it at a rabbit rather than shoot at it, but I can't really find anything regarding the MK2 16.

So my question is , is the MK2 16 a better gun than the first one, have they sorted out there problems, is it worthy of purchasing as my hunting gun, I'm not too bothered about the weight as I have a 97k which is about the same weight.

so could someone on here give me some un-biased advice, I seem to remember Gary C being full of info ????

Please help before I blow my cash.

Oh and it's good to be back.

Cheers,

Nige

running round the wild's of somerset in a pink rom
    im no expert but from what ive heard dont buy one,you goonna get arrested

wiggles
    theoben sirocco .177 hawke nite eye 3-9x50 >clicky<

the moose(new picture) >clicky<

Contrary to what you might have heard, game animals are not hard to kill. No warm-blooded animal can live without a heart, except for the possible exceptions of ex-wives

Arrested ????
    do you mean due to the military looks lol.

I have a late Mark one and am so happy with it's performance that I am now buying one of the later shrouded abrrel versions. Very accurate and so quiet to shoot. Use mine for rabbits and pigeons etc and have to wonder why all the fuss... based on my own experiences I reckon they are great

Gary C Guest
    Not me mate.

I've not owned an S16 - just shot Barry Hutchins rifle. I was left with 2 impressions.

1. Nice off a bipod - smooth and sweet to shoot
    2. Crap any other way because RTP would suit a Gibbon and it feels like a GPMG weight wise

I wouldn't be put off by reliability reports if you liked the gun, Logun are tops for aftersales

Quote Originally Posted by dawn raider24
    so could someone on here give me some un-biased advice, I seem to remember Gary C being full of info ????

Please help before I blow my cash.

Oh and it's good to be back.

Cheers,

Nige
    I've got the Mk 2 shrouded version so unbiased advice it may not be.

Buy one bran new and you'll be okay.
    Avoid a 2nd hand one if you can, but thats not saying that any for sale on here arent any good.

Ergonomically they're not for everyone, especially if you are a small bloke or have small arms so I would strongly advise you to try before you buy.

The S16s is a good rifle mate. Any problems encountered are usually as a result of not operating the temperamental cocking bolt properly.
    I've found that as long as you're rough and forceful with it (ensuring that the locking catch is fully forward and engaged) it'll be trouble free.

Accuracy-wise its as good as any other multi shot PCP I've had which includes a Falcon Raptor and a TDR.

Generally speaking, when asked about the S16 shrouded model, people tend to spout off about how crap the MK 1 was and base their judgement on that rather than actually know for themselves.
    Most of the people I know that have this rifle have kept it.
    AFAIK, Blackpool Air Rifles refuse to stock either the S16 Mk1 or the Brocock Hunter because they think they are rubbish. They do however sell the S16 Mk2 shrouded model.

HTH.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

i'd look for a nice used rapid

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70
    Have you owned Rapids and S16s ?

S16s

I love my S16s, does the job I purchased it for (Wet weather hunter) and does it extremely well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    The S16s is a good rifle mate. Any problems encountered are usually as a result of not operating the temperamental cocking bolt properly.
    I've found that as long as you're rough and forceful with it (ensuring that the locking catch is fully forward and engaged) it'll be trouble free.
    As above the only advice needed is be firm whilst cocking it oh and by a sling.
    Last edited by Maverick; 25-05-2006 at 11:59 AM.
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Thanks for the replies guys, and Gary I meant info in general about all sort of Airgunning not just Sweet 16's lol.

I seem to remember you were quite well up on most air guns, also a bit sharp with the tongue ..

Well I am picking up a new Theoban Evolution at lunch time so wil have a go with the 16 to see if it " fits " if it does then I will get that aswell.

I think the point about BAR selling the MK2 but not the MK1 must say something about it.

Just got off the phone to my old shooting land and the farmer has told me I can go back when ever I want which is a bonus.

Cheers guys, I appreciate the help ( as usual ).

It is indeed good to be back.

Cheers again

Nige

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70
    won't argue with that.

the s16 would make a good poor weather gun if you hunt but why not just buy a rapid and clean and oil it when you get home?

I'll have a shoot with a rapid aswell then, might aswell try the most I can before commiting.

Cheers

When I bought mine second hand I was told by Logun that the lifetime warranty goes with the owner and not the gun, however they are prepared to transfer the lifetime warranty for a small fee so seems quite fair.
    JSR were selling the mark ones but a mate called to order one and he was told they had none left so he ordered the shrouded barrel model instead

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Have you owned Rapids and S16s ?
    i tried an s16 out when i was looking to buy a multishot pcp,i found it heavy and poorly balanced.

i'm getting my 1st rapid this week and i have fired a few rapids before....the rapid makes more sense as it has a very good reputation,very reliable and accurate......a 1st class killing machine!

also rapids sell very quickly when they come up for sale

Never thought about re-sale value, don't fancy forking out loads for a gun only to get a 1/3rd of it's value back.

mmmmm looking like the sweet 16 is falling out of the picture.

Cheers guys.

So i know at least i'll be walking out of the shop with a Theoben Evo, just what else is a different matter.