Thread: Spring Gun Tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by pgunning1 View Post
    How do you untune a tuned air rifle ? I know it sounds an odd question but without cutting the spring or ordering a weaker spring, is there a way of de tuning the action.

As once the internals are polished and oil correctly i can't see any way of lowering the power.

If theres no other answer than the above then fine, just interested if theres some thoughts on how it could be done differently.

Cheers
    Paul
    You can increase the dead space in front of the piston by drilling a hole in the piston face but it's a bit radical. Getting a different spring is the easier and more reversible option. You are talking about adjusting the power of the rifle rather than detuning it really, which is what you will need to do everytime the spring needs replacing anyways.

Thanks for the info guys not being a machinist the easiest route appears to be a weaker spring, or removing the wieghts if there are any a big help many thanks for that at least there are a few options

Thanks
    Paul

Ipa

Quick question re: IPA. There is some varnish on the blueing on the outside of the chamber on my FWB Sport where a previous owner has re-varnished the stock with the action still in place. Will the IPA remove the varnish do you think? I am guessing that the IPA won't react with the blueing in anyway and damage it???
    Macarri Mongoose FWB Sport 124, Tasco Golden Antler 3-9x40