Thread: Riflesafes (Review/Guide)

Riflesafes (Review/Guide)

Ok, many people want FAC/SGC's but it can be confusing, I was, talk of rifle safe this and seperation that, so i've written this small intro into choosing your rifle safe:

How many guns do you want?

First of all decided what you want to shoot i.e. the number of guns you want to own, then order the next size or two above. Now you may be thinking "Hang on!, I don't need all this" but i'm afraid you probbably will.

Mainly for two reasons, firstly many of us shooting sporting rifles i.e with scopes on, these scopes take up alot of room in your cabinet, so allow for that, and secondaly its likely that what you own will grow as your shooting experience and passions develop i.e. I origanaly wanted a two gun cabinet and now have a five gun!

The reason for this is that I have also got a SGC and thefore it makes more sense to get a larger cabinet now, rather than later. Meaning that you have to take your old one out (A major PIA) or putting another load of holes in your walls.

What Safe?

How long is a peice of string? Depending on what discipline you shoot, if you shoot muzzle loader then you'll need an extra tall safe, if you shoot scoped rifles, then it would be advisable to get an extra deep safe, to allow for this. Check with other members of your club to see what they have

What's this about ammunition

Ok, the firearms act requires you to keep your ammunition and rifles seperate, with many FLD they are happy with locking cabinets with your safe to keep your ammuntion in, however if your shooting large calibre ammo, like many people I know have a seperate cabinet for their ammo. Its all about what you want to do, once again asking members of ur club is always a good start.

Hoped this has helped a few people, if you have any Q's please don't hesitate to post or PM and i'm 100% sure people will help you out.

Guys and Gals would you mind posting what safes you have and your experiences with them i.e. do they fit your needs? build quality etc...
    Ruger 10/22 SYSS Custom .22LR WPO 6-24X50
    SBS Shotgun R.11 12G
    Air Arms S400 .177 JSR 6-24x50
    Beretta XX-Treme .177 Walther Red Dot - Probbably in Kansas with Dorothy for all I know...

BASC Member No: 500010211

"If guns cause crime, then pencils caused misspelled words"

Wiltshire, the top end of Salisbury plain

Riflesafes info

Hi,

Thanks for the info

Thinking of going the FAC route myself so will be trying to decide which one to go for too.

i have 2 cabinets .

both of mine are suitable for my needs and i have no complaints at all .

i have a Brattonsound SL7+ 6/7 GUN WITH 203mm with locking top for my shotguns , i can get six in it.

i also have a Brattonsound RD7 extra deep 6/7 rifle cabinet for my air rifles , i can get 5 scopes rifles in this one( havent tried more in it yet ) .

my only advice is to buy as big as you can afford because you will soon fill them up .

I have a Brattonsound SL5, and a Brattonsound pistol/ammunition seperate safe. The SL5 rifle cabinet also has a seperate cabinet at the top for putting rifle bolts in.

At the moment I only have airguns in it.. still waiting for FAC/SGC

I have the same ^
    Ruger 10/22 SYSS Custom .22LR WPO 6-24X50
    SBS Shotgun R.11 12G
    Air Arms S400 .177 JSR 6-24x50
    Beretta XX-Treme .177 Walther Red Dot - Probbably in Kansas with Dorothy for all I know...

BASC Member No: 500010211

"If guns cause crime, then pencils caused misspelled words"

c4jax Guest
    i have one same as the above but bought a digital safe like the ones from b&q to store ammo or bolts from my rimfire.The ammo is stored in a different room to my rifles.