Thread: starting out

Question starting out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my friend is just starting out shooting again after a ten year break, and has asked me to post to try to get some ideas on what would be a good hunting set up for him to start again with in aprox 150 - 250 price range, new or secondhand he aint to fussed.. any one help?

BSA lightning XL+nice scope.... sorted

Normally the advice is to get down to a club and try a few out, but I would look at the HW range of spring rifles, namely the HW95.

Good little rifle!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Thumbs up

Hi,
    I have just got a hw95k in .22 with hawke MAP scope from theairguncentre.com for £270, great people to work with and the gun comes with a cert for power. Also give the original owner a lifetime warranty and actually reccommend that you send it back to them every 6 months for a free service. It is break barrel which i know not everyone wants but for hunting great peice of kit. Have put about 100 pellets through and am out to thirty yards now, not grouping that well at the moment but that is probably the gun settling in and me not being as accomplished as i thought.
    Worth considering!
    Kral NP-02
    Sweet as a nut