Thread: U.K. FT - What are the most popular PCP guns?

U.K. FT - What are the most popular PCP guns?

I'm in the U.S. and am curious as to what PCP rigs the Pros and Enthusiasts prefer on your side of the pond, Daystate MKIIIFT, Air Arms EV2, Anschutz, etc?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

Here's the equipment breakdown for last years World championships
    clicky

all the best
    Brian

Also take a gander through the photo's on the 2005 website, you'll notice that there aren't many 'standard' out the box rifles being used, so it's not always a good idea to just look down a list of most used equipment. You need to consider who's available locally to you who can fettle a gun/fix a reg etc.
    Last edited by Brian.Samson; 26-05-2006 at 05:01 AM.

Thanks, so what do the non professional FT Shooters prefer

as far as stock guns?

Regards,

Tony

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi Tony

There is a good mix of rifles on the circuit at the moment; A couple of us are shooting piston class using various TX's (although there are some 'cheats' who insist on using SR's, eh Dean;-)

S400's seem popular (before people catch the bug and want 'shiny'), MK3's, Walther Domintors, a load of modded MK3 pro-targets, Ripley AR5s', EV2's and steyrs.

I have noticed a lot more people jumping straight in and buying serious kit, without the transition from medium priced stuff. Basically, I think people like the nice things and don't want to wait;-)

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

guns in general

started of plinking with an aas410. at up to 35 yards indoors, this got a bit repetitious. got an invite to a ft comp and decided i liked the layout and the comradery. tried the ft and liked it so much i invested in a fwb p70 and a bsa big 60.still a lot to learn, but the people i have come across in the sport of shooting make it worth it.
    AA EV2 BSA 10-50X60 Steyr LG100 FT + BSA 10-50x60 daystate crx nikko 10-50x60

Thanks Doc! With the pcp rigs there are you guys mainly shooting 12FPE

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Hi Tony

There is a good mix of rifles on the circuit at the moment; A couple of us are shooting piston class using various TX's (although there are some 'cheats' who insist on using SR's, eh Dean;-)

S400's seem popular (before people catch the bug and want 'shiny'), MK3's, Walther Domintors, a load of modded MK3 pro-targets, Ripley AR5s', EV2's and steyrs.

I have noticed a lot more people jumping straight in and buying serious kit, without the transition from medium priced stuff. Basically, I think people like the nice things and don't want to wait;-)

Lee
    Or FAC power levels? Are the Daystate Electronics reliable and maintenance free? At a fun shoot out here, I had the opportunity to shoot a very customized Steyr which impressed, almost as much as its $5k price tag!!! Funny thing is the owner of the Steyr was amazed at my modified RWS54(.177 as I modded the trigger...its less than 12ozs., safe and predictable...he couldn't believe that it was lighter than his $5k Steyr's which was modified extensively...he had to shoot it a bunch of times as well as other members of the club as RWS is typically frowned upon and they couldn't believe the power, accuracy and trigger of my gun...

At the next fun shoot, will bring my 12fpe Super Ten and have a go at it if not with my 54...

Regards,

Tony

AJ, wow, you did jump in head first eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ajtone
    started of plinking with an aas410. at up to 35 yards indoors, this got a bit repetitious. got an invite to a ft comp and decided i liked the layout and the comradery. tried the ft and liked it so much i invested in a fwb p70 and a bsa big 60.still a lot to learn, but the people i have come across in the sport of shooting make it worth it.
    I'm worried I could do the same...the MAC1 USFT catches my eye all too much lately...

Regards,

Tony

jumped or dived

whats the use of saying if only i had the gear. if a bargain comes along go get it before someone else does. otherwise you will kick ya sen.bought the scope and rifle on the bbs for less than the price of a new rifle and they both look new.
    AA EV2 BSA 10-50X60 Steyr LG100 FT + BSA 10-50x60 daystate crx nikko 10-50x60