Thread: 3.5-10x40 leup clone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...

3.5-10x40 leup clone

well i got hold of one of these today so just a quick first impression review ,
    first it looks great , all the marking are very clearly printed and the matt tube finish is also very good no blemishes that i can see,
    looking through the scope against a white wall , still looks nice and white ,(you would be surprised by how many that make it look yellow ) and also bright as well ,, as good as anything i have seen under £100 , better than the 3-9 42 nikko that i had before , now parallax , i have a home 7 meter range and also my club 25 meter range .
    with the side-wheel turned as low as it would go .a marked 20 meters , it was blurry . so i adjusted the end lens to get it into focus , ,,but then it would not focus at about 25 meters , so have got a happy medium , at 7 meters .i have it on 3.5 mag and get good focus , at 25 meters on about 8x mag with the side wheel turned full to infinity . this will not be an issue if you use you rifle at ranges at 20 meters and above.
    i have done some quick tests with the target turrets , after i got it zeroed, i cranked them up , down , left ,and right and then set them all back on zero , and it all lined up well , so a good start so far ,
    i will put more info in when i manage to get up my club and try it out at a longer range , also many thanks to PAT for the scope ..

edit i have sorted out the parralax now i can focus out to 50 meters at 10x mag , and at 3.5 mag i can still see a clear picture at 7 meters . click link below to see it on my rifle .
    Last edited by Aardys; 21-09-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    Getting Old