Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Optics viper 4x16x50

Well I read all the hype about these scopes and it made me bite the bullet and go out and get one. I got the 4-16x50 Viper. I fitted it to my S400 today with a set of mounts that I bought seperate as the ones that come with it are slightly to big for the scope rails, Gary even offered to have them sorted for me and loan me a pair while they were away, excellent customer service. Anyway, first impressions are wow there is a lot going on, but now I have fitted it to my rifle and been out with it today I must admit I think it's the perfect hunting combo. The scopes image is very clear and the reticule is great, it's pin sharp. I have heard all the HFT boys going on about the scope just snapping in to focus and always wondered what they were on about now I know the scope does just this at the set distances on the side focus ring. The scope itself looks very well made. I zeroed the scope in today in around 20 shots the 1/8 adjustment is very fine and there are positive clicks from the locking turrets which work great as well I must admit. The metal scope covers are quite good better than the plastic ones I have on my other scopes. All in all the complete package is very good and I can't fault the customer service, this scope has definitely pushed me in to having a bash at a HFT event some time this year. Well recommended piece of kit.

Looks like my birthday present for next month is sorted
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Does anyone know if the sidewheel on these scopes will clear the mag on a Rapid?
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Hi Paddy

side wheel fouled on my MFR .177 mag , but its not really needed , just looks cool!
    Theoben Fenman .22

Gary C Guest
    The sidewheel can be used by leaving it out over the I/R binnacle if you don't want to use I/R. Not ideal but if you have a protruding mag it works ok. On my 410 I leave it off for zeroing and when hunting fill a mag, load it. then slip the s/W ON
    Unlike rimmys the amount of shapes and sizes of air rifles is frightening

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger_shooter View Post
    These viper scopes seem to be outstanding value for money. Would the 6-24 x56 be suitable for use on a centrefire(204) or are these designed exclusively for the airgun market?

Hoping the answer is - very suitable indeed!
    interested in the answer to this myself so come on anygood on CF? I noted baz was going to give it a try but have not seen any feedback of the results.
    cheers KW

Gary C Guest
    Baz is using them onto rifles as big as .243, as have lots of others. We have given him one to put on a real biggun now in the hope that it breaks and we can improve...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Does anyone know if the sidewheel on these scopes will clear the mag on a Rapid?
    when i tried mine on my mfr, you could remove the mag, thanks to the fact that the sidewheel has steps around the outside i don't use the viper on my rapid though, because i cant shoot with any scope that requires risers above standard theoben mount hight i'm stuck with 25mm tube 44mm objective, but the mfr fitts me so well in that setup that it is worth it
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Would I need to buy additional (presumably higher) mounts for the x50 scope for my AA S410?
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Would I need to buy additional (presumably higher) mounts for the x50 scope for my AA S410?
    Hi there m8, the mounts are slightly to big with the Viper scope I had and slid off the rail. However Gary C offered to get these sorted and borrow me a pair while they were away, excellent service I thought. However, I couldn't wait and bought a set. Excellent scope best reticule I have seen and pin sharp optics. YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED!

Ok my minds sort of made up? I intend to pick a viper up next time I am passing swillington (about a fortnight) my question is which model I intend to fit it to a .243 it already has 30mm, leupold high mounts fitted so do I go for the 50mm or 56mm objective?
    cheers KW

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubya View Post
    Ok my minds sort of made up? I intend to pick a viper up next time I am passing swillington (about a fortnight) my question is which model I intend to fit it to a .243 it already has 30mm, leupold high mounts fitted so do I go for the 50mm or 56mm objective?
    cheers KW
    PM Baz on here mate

Thumbs up viper on 243

Have the 4-16-50 fitted to my sako finnlight 243 had aboout 250 rounds through it and works a treat use the 6-24-56 on the hmr as the small hole from the 17 needs extra mag when zeroing.
    Have a friend who intends to put the same on his tikka 308 after he used mine Baz introduced me to the scope sometime ago and with that recommendation and Garys no guarantee i dont think you can go wrong
    on a personal note if these scopes where twice the price i would still be using them and thinking i`d had a bargain, also we have tried these with n/v and lamp ,they work very nicely with both.

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Have the 4-16-50 fitted to my sako finnlight 243 had aboout 250 rounds through it and works a treat use the 6-24-56 on the hmr as the small hole from the 17 needs extra mag when zeroing.
    Have a friend who intends to put the same on his tikka 308 after he used mine Baz introduced me to the scope sometime ago and with that recommendation and Garys no guarantee i dont think you can go wrong
    on a personal note if these scopes where twice the price i would still be using them and thinking i`d had a bargain, also we have tried these with n/v and lamp ,they work very nicely with both.
    thanks for that much appreciated, looks like the 50 will do now can I wait two weeks or do I phone in the old drastic plastic tommorow?
    cheers KW

Airbrush Guest
    Anybody find that the focus is a tad too tight to turn on theirs.

If so will it loosen up with use.

Cheers.

Andy.