Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Just what I was looking for will be using this letter as I'm about to send some thanks

I made some changes.

These are pretty good although I have made a lot of modifications. I appreciate the work that you put into preparing these letters but personally I had to dispose of the portion that extensively details the pests and the threat they posed because farmers know this already and it might sound a little patronising. Not the kind of first impression you want to make when trying to get permission to shoot on their land. Please don't think this is criticism because it is purely an observation that others might appreciate.

Again thanks to the original poster for the ground work here.

This is how mine looks:
    FREE PEST CONTROL

Dear Sir/ Madam

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is xxxxxxxxxx, I am a xx years old air gun hunter living in the Milton Keynes area. I am writing to you concerning any pest control problems you may have on your farm and farm buildings.

I am a responsible air gun owner with 20 years shooting experience; also I am a member of Milton Keynes Air Rifle club and BASC. I currently shoot with a spring powered .22 air rifle

I would be willing and happy to assist in dealing with many of the common pest species that are considered acceptable quarry for air rifles which includes rats, rabbits, grey squirrels and corvids as I am sure you are all too aware of the damage such species can cause to crops and the dangers they can pose to livestock.

I am a courteous, patient and intelligent person by nature, always willing to learn, and follow instructions to the letter. I ask nothing in return for my services other than a continuous right to hunt the property and a friendly wave as I come and go.

I will dispose of all pests off the property and any quality game such as rabbit or pigeon will be offered to yourself.

Alternatively, if you have no use for my pest control services at this time, but have an area of land, such as a fallow field that might serve as a practice range I would be extremely grateful for permission to use this two or three times a week as it is unsafe to use the rifle in the garden of my current address.

In either circumstance I will, of course, do nothing to neither impede your business nor hold you responsible for any injury I might incurring during these activities on your property. I will also ensure that I leave the property in the same condition it was in upon my arrival, taking all equipment with me when I leave.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time, I do apologise to any anti-hunters I may have inadvertently offended with this letter, but rest assured I am doing my best to actively promote safe hunting and removal of pest species.

If you are interested in my services please write to me at the address above, call me on xxxxxxxxxxxx(home) xxxxxxxxxxx (mobile) or EMAIL me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thank you, I hope to hear from you soon

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    FREE PEST CONTROL

Dear Sir/ Madam
    Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is XXXX XXXXX, I am a XX years old air gun hunter living in the xxxxxx area. I am writing to you concerning any pest control problems you may have on your farm and farm buildings.

There are many species of pests including:

Feral Pigeons: In areas close to towns they may use nearby farm buildings and lofts for a night-time roost. Ferals carry lice and their excrement is both toxic and disease ridden including tuberculosis, encephalitis, lyme's disease (pigeon fanciers lung) paratyphoid, ornithosis, toxoplasmosis, and a type of flu. All these diseases are potently fatal they also cause untold crop damage.

Rats consume and contaminate feed as well as chew through electric cables and nest in the walls of buildings, silos and water tanks. They also carry a pretty nasty disease called Weil's disease which is life threatening.

Crows and magpies: These animals carry lice and a host of other parasites, they damage the nests of songbirds, by raiding the nests and eating the eggs. Crows have also been known to attack newborn lambs.

Rabbits can dig up your paddock causing holes which stock may injure themselves, they can also burrow under the footings of buildings causing them to be unstable. Rabbits have been known to consume considerable amounts of feed laid out for stocks in paddocks.

The above lists the more common species but there are also jays, jackdaws, rooks, collard dove, grey squirrel, magpies, mink,and foxes.

I am fully licensed and a responsible shooter, and an active member of the Cleveland gun club, I would be willing to sign a total disclaimer for any injury that I occur whilst on the property.

I shoot with a whisper-quiet air rifle, but I also have the option of using an rimfire rifle, or shotguns, that are all able to humanely dispatch these pests safely, and especially the fox.

I am a courteous, patient and intelligent person by nature, always willing to learn, and follow instructions to the letter. I ask nothing in return for my services other than a continuous right to hunt the property and a friendly wave as I come and go.

I will dispose of all pests off the property and any quality game such as rabbit or pigeon first offered the property owner.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time, I do apologise to any anti hunters I may have inadvertently sent this letter to, but rest assured I am doing my best to actively promote safe hunting and removal of pest species.

If you are interested in my services please write to me at the address above, call me on xxxxxxxxxxx (home) xxxxxxxxxxx (mobile) or EMAIL me at xxxxxxxxxxxx thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

Pest removal disclaimer

This document is to certify that ____________,of ________________, has been given permission by the
    owners of __________________________ to hunt on their property for pest species such as
    ______________________________________________.

All hunting will be carried out with a _______________________________________

And all care taken to ensure safe shooting practices whether in open countryside or around buildings and structures.

All hunting will take place between the hours of ______________, and __________on days deemed appropriate by the owners, with a "double check " phone call made the night before any proposed hunt.

All pest species eradicated will be removed and disposed off of the property by the hunter and regular reports on pest removal success forwarded to the owners.

No payment is asked for in return for these services. However a signature on the following disclaimer would be appreciated to cover both parties in the event of damage to property, injury, or death.

I, XXXX XXXXX, having been given permission to hunt _______________________, do hereby renounce and
    relinquish any claim to my personal injury; my death and whilst on the property for the purpose of pest
    removal.

Signed: ____________________ date_________________

I, _______________________________________, having given XXXX XXXXX permission to hunt___________________________ accept all terms and conditions of this disclaimer and agreements entered
    into forthwith.

Signed: ____________________ Date__________________

Dear Course Manager

It may be of interest to you that my father and I offer a free pest control service to golf clubs and to farmers, helping to remove vermin (rats, crows,magpies, rabbits, etc) discretely and quietly as not to offend, usually using standard air rifles, however,we are both shotgun certificate holders. I also hold
    a firearms certificate for rimfire rifles. We are both members of the air rifle shooters association
    with a personal liability of two million pounds.

If you were to use our services all that we would require from you is written approval stating that we have authority to shoot on your land.

I hope that you will give this letter consideration and remind you that a rabbit problem is a costly one if left unchecked.

Please feel free to contact me on my E-mail address, which is xxxxxxxxxxxxx or on the above phone
    numbers.

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Yours faithfully

Tel xxxxxxxx
    Mobile xxxxxxxx
    E-mail xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir
    I am writing to you with regarding vermin shooting rights in the Cleveland area. I know that most estates have their own shooting syndicates that control the vermin. If possible could send me details or a map of
    your boundary's so as not to approach your tenants?

Yours thankfully

The first one I normally send to farmers, 2nd one is a disclaimer, 3rd one I send to golf courses and the 4th one I send to shooting estates or landowners

Just chop and change these as you see fit as a template

Sorry about the text just cut and pasted from my email folder(now altered)
    Lovin this just saved me allot of time

Very well writen i will definately use this
    Cheers

Thats ideal for my use. Very good. Thank you very much.

Jack

very good but the farmer will or land owner will have lost interest after 5 min it is far to long and the farmer does not need reminding of all the pests on his land he probably knows more about the damage to his farm than you ever will keep it short and to the point with out sounding rude. when i receive a cv if it is like the bible i dont even read the 3rd line it goes into my filing cabanet (dustbin)

Thanks for that. It makes a very useful template for my own letters. Cheers.

Thumbs up permission

that,s great for new air gun hunter,s who are getting in to hunting and don't no where to start

These letters all look great. The unfortunate thing is that in Essex, there isn't a scrap of land without someone already there....mostly paid too.

I've had to look much further afield and am still struggling.......living in hope though!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWhat View Post
    These letters all look great. The unfortunate thing is that in Essex, there isn't a scrap of land without someone already there....mostly paid too.

I've had to look much further afield and am still struggling.......living in hope though!
    Bulls**t!
    I know there are a couple of sites in Essex where people pay but you could probably find the same in any county if you look hard enough.
    You need to look outside the box. If you're just going to look at farms and golf courses then of course you're competing with the many. Permissions can sometimes come unexpectantly from the least likely source. If competition is strong, try harder. Think small nurseries or maybe a few allotments. You know what's in your area better than I but a defeatist attitude is going to scupper your chances before you've even started. I promise you that once you put the work in and get one permission more will follow.

very good letter helped me get my permission.thanks
    Land Owner and Proud Supporter of 2nd Amendment JT Magbe Contracting

permission letters

this will help me out as just out looking for new land to shoot on thanks

Very interesting thread and thanks for everybodies contributions and suggestions.

I had some simply business cards made up..They are quite plain with just my name, home tel, mobile number and email address on them.

I don't put anything claiming to be "Pest Control Services" as I am not a professional and don't claim to be offering a comprehensive/professional service. Also, by keeping the business card fairly basic, I can use it is a variety of situations and it doesn't come across a pretentious / "over the top"..

Also, for the folks posting out/delivering these letters looking for permission, I wonder if including an SAE might be useful?
    Last edited by Pete E; 26-08-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete E View Post
    Very interesting thread and thanks for everybodies contributions and suggestions.

I had some simply business cards made up..They are quite plain with just my name, home tel, mobile number and email address on them.

I don't put anything claiming to be "Pest Control Services" as I am not a professional and don't claim to be offering a comprehensive/professional service. Also, by keeping the business card fairly basic, I can use it is a variety of situations and it doesn't come across a pretentious / "over the top"..

Also, for the folks posting out/delivering these letters looking for permission, I wonder if including an SAE might be useful?
    I made up some cards on the comp. I wanted to be specific rather than general. When you do find yourself in a position to ask for a permission you don't want to be looking for pens and paper. Also, when in a likely looking pub that may be used by farmers etc, (not down the Old Kent Road you can always ask if they'll pin it up for you. This is my effort.

http://www.unusual-gifts.pwp.blueyon...rol%20Card.png

Very handy, thanks. Only got the one shoot at the moment so will get a few of these letters off and hopefully pick up some more land!