Thread: PMII Schmidt&Bender

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmm......

I'm currently testing one of that latest Prototype. ( I presume they wanted the impressions of a "normal" shooter )

Clear & bright optics

due to that its rather easy to acquire the Target at 50x in dawn & rain, even if its hidden in the woods, painted black and the faceplate is hardly used.

A very good rangefinder, at 50x it measures metre by metre even between 40 metres & 50 meters ( at 50x it goes rather sudden into a sharp image )

That one I've got is not temperature sensitive between 35° Celsius ( in a greenhouse ) and 8° Celsius ( the lowest temperature we had over here in the early morning )

If the low autumn-sun is directly in the front it becomes slightly foggy. ( but they have already sorted that out on the other prototypes, its only me who don't want to part from it because there are still some comps to shoot & I love it so )

I got used to shoot at 50x for I found out that my groupings from the normal shooting position are smaller and my scores have improved

The mechanics are highly accurate 1 click = 1/4 MOA not more not less as 10 clicks are 2.5 MOA not more not less too

The downsides IMO

The sidewheel is much to big ( 5" ) for I don't need a gap of 3 mm between 49 and 50 metres and a smaller one would be more easy to handle.

The top-turret is to low ( if the sidewheel stays as big as it is ) , for I've to dial with the right hand.

Its difficult to mount the index ( pointer ) for that sidewheels is to large.

Compared to my Burris 8-32x44 RA its brighter even at 50x and a better rangefinder in dim conditions.

Compared to my Bausch & Lomp 4200 36x40 brighter & clearer in dim conditions and a far better rangefinder in varying light-situations.

Cheers Jochen

PS @Ken you should have waited a while, but on the other hand what means technique & design to a real luddite probably for thar best.
    Last edited by Jochen L.; 08-12-2006 at 07:36 AM. Reason: found faults ( spelling )
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing