Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PMII Schmidt&Bender

PMII Schmidt&Bender

Thinking about buying a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56 anybody got one or tried one ?

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    i wish i had one .
    Getting Old

Tim Finley had one at Redfearns a while ago and it was really impressive...and i mean REALLY impressive. I heard a rumour of a higher mag FT version in the future.....just little things made it stand out like, blinding optics, fair rangefinding for a small mag, illuminated ret and the top turret has a band of small windows around the top that change colour when you go a full turn up.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

In a nutshell these scopes are phenominal!!

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    Quote Originally Posted by James Butler View Post
    In a nutshell these scopes are phenominal!!
    in a nutshell they are expensive
    Getting Old

if it's for FT, wait till the new one is out...dedicated and designed for the job, still in development...looked through one myself, couldnt fault it really...thread about it over on AGF in the FT area

Rob.. I have the tech sheets and a piccy of the new FT S&B scope in pdf format....anyone who would like a copy then please feel free to drop me an email
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

PM sent

PS the FT s&b is 30mm tube, so no need for expensive mounts

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...m/DSCF0221.jpg

Ive got the PMII on top of my accuracy international i was shooting 600yards at bisley last sunday it has to be one of if not the best scope made.

Steve

P.S. my local gun shop has a secondhand one for sale, not a masive saving over new but i am told that you cant get one at the moment.
    Steve

Do you really need a S&B for FT
    Your not really looking at anything beyond 55 yards. What would the S&B do that the Burris/Leupold/Nightforce (even that seemed a bit OTT).
    I can understand the requirement for long range or very low light situations but 55 yards it seems utterly daft.
    What situation would require this level of performance?

I await the castigation

Its like anything else....you want the best tool for the job

It,s not for F.T. it will be going on my custom 6mm Ackley Imp. P.S. ordered one today will be here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEMAN View Post
    It,s not for F.T. it will be going on my custom 6mm Ackley Imp. P.S. ordered one today will be here tomorrow.
    That I can fathom

Blue...i'm sure i'm not the only FT shooter that found your replies a little patronising

In any form of Target shooting......if you can afford the best then use it, then if you miss its not down to dodgy optics or poor rangefinding.

Please don't belittle other shooting sports...it is called Airgun BBS after all, in fact IMHO there should be no mention of Rimmie/full bore/ shotties on this site at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Blue...i'm sure i'm not the only FT shooter that found your replies a little patronising

In any form of Target shooting......if you can afford the best then use it, then if you miss its not down to dodgy optics or poor rangefinding.

Please don't belittle other shooting sports...it is called Airgun BBS after all, in fact IMHO there should be no mention of Rimmie/full bore/ shotties on this site at all.
    Chris.

I was not intending on any form of underrating the FT scene at all.
    My issue was that in FT, I found that rangefinding actually became more difficult with very good optics. The best rangefinding scope I had was a Tasco 8-40 Custom shop that had shocking optics.
    The middle ground for me was a Burris 8-32 with good optics and good rangefinding, but I used the Tasco to calibrate the objective (before I had a laser RF)I used Leup and Burris that were designed for shorter range rangefinding. Also the use of spectacularly complex reticules made things more confusing for that application.
    When I first saw a Nightforce, I thought the optics were good, but the rangefinding was no better than the Burris.

I would still happily admit that I gave up FT as I was never that good at it (despite spending a fortune). That was due to the difficulty of it for me. I would never suggest that FT was a lesser sport or easier than any form of shooting I have been involved in (good scores elude me in running deer though)