Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PMII Schmidt&Bender

Nice post Blue ....my apologies for sounding a little harsh
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

The PM2 is a great scope worth the extra over an over priced NXS.

Incidently the FT 50 mag is still in prototype stages but near to finalisation then production.
    In answer to this "What would the S&B do that the Burris/Leupold/Nightforce" Considering the first two are not available unless second hand, that only leaves the BR & NXS of which the S&B FT scope will be approx £95 cheaper!

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    I recently bought ALEMAN's PM II and I tried it at Ponte Air Rifle Club on tuesday, it will have a large sidewheel when it pops through my letterbox, but even with the standard 43 mm sidewheel it range finds extremely well. And the optics are absolutely superb. I'm using it for FT and if that upsets you 1,000 yard shooters tough. In bad light conditions I expect it to compare favourably with the best scopes currently used for FT.

Teresa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    I recently bought ALEMAN's PM II and I tried it at Ponte Air Rifle Club on tuesday, it will have a large sidewheel when it pops through my letterbox, but even with the standard 43 mm sidewheel it range finds extremely well. And the optics are absolutely superb. I'm using it for FT and if that upsets you 1,000 yard shooters tough. In bad light conditions I expect it to compare favourably with the best scopes currently used for FT.
    I've heard wonders of the optics, also that on 25x it has no blind spots, but what about the reticle? Isn't it a bit unyieldy for FT, with the wide spacings between the dots?

Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I've heard wonders of the optics, also that on 25x it has no blind spots, but what about the reticle? Isn't it a bit unyieldy for FT, with the wide spacings between the dots?

Teresa
    Nah, it's the same windage dots at all magnifications so if wound down to 20 mag it's fine enough for precise aiming. On 5 mag it focuses down to 7 yards, if the new 50 mag FT model is any better it will shoot the gun for you. I could actually see to hit a target at 25 yards at 3:49pm last night and I could see every hole. The optics are the best that I have ever seen and I've had almost everything.

Hmm......

I'm currently testing one of that latest Prototype. ( I presume they wanted the impressions of a "normal" shooter )

Clear & bright optics

due to that its rather easy to acquire the Target at 50x in dawn & rain, even if its hidden in the woods, painted black and the faceplate is hardly used.

A very good rangefinder, at 50x it measures metre by metre even between 40 metres & 50 meters ( at 50x it goes rather sudden into a sharp image )

That one I've got is not temperature sensitive between 35° Celsius ( in a greenhouse ) and 8° Celsius ( the lowest temperature we had over here in the early morning )

If the low autumn-sun is directly in the front it becomes slightly foggy. ( but they have already sorted that out on the other prototypes, its only me who don't want to part from it because there are still some comps to shoot & I love it so )

I got used to shoot at 50x for I found out that my groupings from the normal shooting position are smaller and my scores have improved

The mechanics are highly accurate 1 click = 1/4 MOA not more not less as 10 clicks are 2.5 MOA not more not less too

The downsides IMO

The sidewheel is much to big ( 5" ) for I don't need a gap of 3 mm between 49 and 50 metres and a smaller one would be more easy to handle.

The top-turret is to low ( if the sidewheel stays as big as it is ) , for I've to dial with the right hand.

Its difficult to mount the index ( pointer ) for that sidewheels is to large.

Compared to my Burris 8-32x44 RA its brighter even at 50x and a better rangefinder in dim conditions.

Compared to my Bausch & Lomp 4200 36x40 brighter & clearer in dim conditions and a far better rangefinder in varying light-situations.

Cheers Jochen

PS @Ken you should have waited a while, but on the other hand what means technique & design to a real luddite probably for thar best.
    Last edited by Jochen L.; 08-12-2006 at 07:36 AM. Reason: found faults ( spelling )
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

Teresa Guest
    Nah, it's the same windage dots at all magnifications so if wound down to 20 mag it's fine enough for precise aiming. On 5 mag it focuses down to 7 yards, if the new 50 mag FT model is any better it will shoot the gun for you. I could actually see to hit a target at 25 yards at 3:49pm last night and I could see every hole. The optics are the best that I have ever seen and I've had almost everything.
    Wow, that's what I call a reference!
    In that case, congratulations on your purchase!

Jochen L., thank you for sharing the info about the new S&B prototype. Did they tell you when it will be on sale to the public?

.......if the new 50 mag FT model is any better it will shoot the gun for you.
    Definitely not, but it wont foul you by showing the wrong ranges ( as far as can say it after 2 month of use ) or having the crosshair on the wrong point. Just a near to perfect tool that makes you able to do your job proper.

But at least the best tool is only trumpery in a dump fools hand, as there is a saying over here. It depends on the shoot if he hits or miss. And this is the reason I want it, for I don't want to worry if it was me or the scope any longer.

To the reticule, there will be one that is designed by one of the BFTA- topshoots. The arguments for every mark on it are well & reasonable and showing the experience of its designer. I'm not sure if I may say more.

I'll use that reticule from the next year on, hoping that this is the next step to make it perfect.

As far as I know it shall be released in early spring,
    Might be it takes a little bit longer for there where some minor difficulties on that ones having the reticule on the second focal plane, and there are some shoots that want to have this, in fact the majority over here.
    I'm tiered to argue against that, for you can have both as you like it, so every fool to its own ( another saying )

Cheers Jochen

PS
    I could actually see to hit a target at 25 yards at 3:49pm last night
    It should be mentioned that we got one of the brightest moons I saw this year.
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Jochen L. View Post
    Definitely not, but it wont foul you by showing the wrong ranges ( as far as can say it after 2 month of use ) or having the crosshair on the wrong point. Just a near to perfect tool that makes you able to do your job proper.

But at least the best tool is only trumpery in a dump fools hand, as there is a saying over here. It depends on the shoot if he hits or miss. And this is the reason I want it, for I don't want to worry if it was me or the scope any longer.

To the reticule, there will be one that is designed by one of the BFTA- topshoots. The arguments for every mark on it are well & reasonable and showing the experience of its designer. I'm not sure if I may say more.

I'll use that reticule from the next year on, hoping that this is the next step to make it perfect.

As far as I know it shall be released in early spring,
    Might be it takes a little bit longer for there where some minor difficulties on that ones having the reticule on the second focal plane, and there are some shoots that want to have this, in fact the majority over here.
    I'm tiered to argue against that, for you can have both as you like it, so every fool to its own ( another saying )

Cheers Jochen

PS

It should be mentioned that we got one of the brightest moons I saw this year.
    Not in my garden it was not.
    Anyway if the new 50 is as good as you say I might even buy one, but after all a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
    I should be carefull with your german sayings, they may not translate in the way you intend. I'm presuming that you did not intend to be insulting?

....... I'm presuming that you did not intend to be insulting?
    Of course not. Sorry if it did annoy anybody

The only thing I've tried to say that you cant buy a hit.

The only thing you can buy is a more accurate tool, but the result depends on every ones own ability to use it.

That obviously contradiction between your nick and your love to technical high-end products is always tempting

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen L.; 08-12-2006 at 07:43 PM.

Glad someone else shares my opinion of the s&b...i dont know if it's rose tinted glasses, but the more i think about the short time afforded to me by Jon with it the more i think they will have a customer or 2 here.

Jochen, have they spoken to you about a pre-order scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by rfarn View Post
    Jochen, have they spoken to you about a pre-order scheme?
    No and I've also no idea on what way they will sell it in the UK.

But I'll ask for that information & keep you informed.

Cheers Jochen

cool, ta

I would probably hit more targets if I stuck with just one scope Jocken. But I love shooting and love gadgets. I have tried almost every scope available on the British market, and a few that aren't, and the S+B 5-25x56 is the best for FT amongst them. If the new 50x is significantly better than that I will be pleasantly surprised.

hello,
    any internet german shop where I can buy one of the S&B scopes the next spring?
    i think first focal plane will be better but i dont know if the reticle will be very huge to make fine shoots.whats your opinion?
    thanks
    ger