Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lightstream vs bushnell

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Question lightstream vs bushnell

light stream arrived this morning,thanks kev,after ive had a play with it,i will attempt my first review on the subject,will it be as good as the hype,or will the elite reign supreme.watch this space perry

Perry we all wait with baited breath for your thoughts.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    light stream arrived this morning,thanks kev,after ive had a play with it,i will attempt my first review on the subject,will it be as good as the hype,or will the elite reign supreme.watch this space perry
    Looking forward to that
    frank

"How can anyone be enlightened, when truth is so poorly lit"

Y GWIR Guest
    Which model did you buy?

There is only 1 Lightstream available.
    As for v's Elite; if you mean the 4200 - no contest, Bushnell all the way.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Y GWIR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Davestate View Post
    There is only 1 Lightstream available.
    As for v's Elite; if you mean the 4200 - no contest, Bushnell all the way.
    There are two, the one that BAR are stocking for £389 and another you can buy direct from the manufacturers for around £480 I think. I will try looking for a link.http://www.light-stream.co.uk/
    Last edited by Y GWIR; 10-10-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Arrow lightstream vs bushnell

right lads heres me first thoughts on usage of the lightstream today at the club,on taking the scope out the box,to be honest i wasnt that impressed,the overall build quality seems fine,but for a scope at this price i expected more,looking through the scope for the first time dissapointed me also,bieng told it had the quality to rival lupies just isnt true,it has got very good optics,but to rival lupies or bushnell i very much doubt it i proceeded to the range to zero the scope,on taking the caps of there was what seemed like a decent set ov turrets,these turrets are 1/8 moa with a dual spring system,on turning them alas i was disapointed again,they feel to me very mechanical,but with positive clicks with each turn,to compare with the elite there is no comparison it says on the box that the scope is near enough optically centred,but most scope manafactures claim the same thing,which we all know isnt true.the lense system is comprised ov 11 scratch proof lenses,origanally developed for military/tatical use,with a glass etched reticle in the first focal plane,basically once zeroed,you can use your mag on any setting and the impact point will never change,the ret also has extra sub tension lines for hold over/under.this part ov the scope did impress me from a hunting point ov view,sniper style it has its uses,for the likes ov hft i cant find one,and know there is cheaper scopes out there that will do the job,the scope has got good edge to edge clarity,pin sharp not so sure about,the bushnell elite is the better optically,some people might disagree,it could be my eyes but i doubt it.the over all finish to the scope is an anodised shiny effect,not so sure if i like it,its paralex ajustable front lense is ok,with a focal range ov 10m to infinity,it also comes with a sure lock eye piece,which works fine and didnt work loose, this 25mm tube scope wieghing 22.2 ounces and 15.1 inches in lengh,costing £389.00 and £12.95 for the shade,in my eyes has been over hyped,dont get me wrong i do like this scope a lot,but to me the elite beats it hands down on every aspect,the best part ov the lightstream for me is the reticle,the way it does what it says on the box.would i buy another one? no.for the money ide buy a bushnell if i get a chance get out with the lamp and do a bit ov dusk and dawn and see how it does under certain conditions,its supposed to be fog proof,and anyone whos shot at certain temperatures during these time,knows what happens to your lenses just when you need them,and theres nothing worse than looking down a fogged up scope,this is my first attempt at a review ov sorts so be gentle ps thanks geoff for today hope you enjoyed the advice perry

Thanks for the informative review. I was very interested in comparisons with the Bushnell Elites and you've provided a very detailed one.

Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    right lads heres me first thoughts on usage of the lightstream today at the club,on taking the scope out the box,to be honest i wasnt that impressed,the overall build quality seems fine,but for a scope at this price i expected more,looking through the scope for the first time dissapointed me also,bieng told it had the quality to rival lupies just isnt true,it has got very good optics,but to rival lupies or bushnell i very much doubt it i proceeded to the range to zero the scope,on taking the caps of there was what seemed like a decent set ov turrets,these turrets are 1/8 moa with a dual spring system,on turning them alas i was disapointed again,they feel to me very mechanical,but with positive clicks with each turn,to compare with the elite there is no comparison it says on the box that the scope is near enough optically centred,but most scope manafactures claim the same thing,which we all know isnt true.the lense system is comprised ov 11 scratch proof lenses,origanally developed for military/tatical use,with a glass etched reticle in the first focal plane,basically once zeroed,you can use your mag on any setting and the impact point will never change,the ret also has extra sub tension lines for hold over/under.this part ov the scope did impress me from a hunting point ov view,sniper style it has its uses,for the likes ov hft i cant find one,and know there is cheaper scopes out there that will do the job,the scope has got good edge to edge clarity,pin sharp not so sure about,the bushnell elite is the better optically,some people might disagree,it could be my eyes but i doubt it.the over all finish to the scope is an anodised shiny effect,not so sure if i like it,its paralex ajustable front lense is ok,with a focal range ov 10m to infinity,it also comes with a sure lock eye piece,which works fine and didnt work loose, this 25mm tube scope wieghing 22.2 ounces and 15.1 inches in lengh,costing £389.00 and £12.95 for the shade,in my eyes has been over hyped,dont get me wrong i do like this scope a lot,but to me the elite beats it hands down on every aspect,the best part ov the lightstream for me is the reticle,the way it does what it says on the box.would i buy another one? no.for the money ide buy a bushnell if i get a chance get out with the lamp and do a bit ov dusk and dawn and see how it does under certain conditions,its supposed to be fog proof,and anyone whos shot at certain temperatures during these time,knows what happens to your lenses just when you need them,and theres nothing worse than looking down a fogged up scope,this is my first attempt at a review ov sorts so be gentle ps thanks geoff for today hope you enjoyed the advice perry
    So...if there was a bushnell elite 4200 available with a first focal plane reticle and para adjustable from 10m to infinity, rather than the 15m or so at present, that would be just about spot on
    frank

"How can anyone be enlightened, when truth is so poorly lit"

Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    Thanks for the informative review. I was very interested in comparisons with the Bushnell Elites and you've provided a very detailed one.

Lionel
    Lionel
    Phewww......sigh of relief for you there..

I guess a lot of scope things are personal tastes with few things being actually objective and measurable. For instance I like the very positive clicks on the Light Stream turrets.

I must confess I have never looked through an Elite 4200, but I have looked through or owned EB Sniper, Bushnell Legend, Nikko Sniper, a Leupold Mk4 PR and quite a few other scopes besides, and as far as I am concerned the Light Stream is the best I have seen.

Don't think I'll bother looking through a 4200 - it could prove to be expensive

i have had a brief look through a bushnell 4200 and own a 4-12 3200, the lightstream i have had a play with is definatly nicer to look through, i have also been playing with a ziess lately and that iis clearer than te lightstream
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Paul i think some peoples eyes are more suited to one make of scope than others my shooting buds got a nikon monarch & everyone rates them highly (& it is a nice scope )but it doesn't seem as bright & crisp to me as a bushnell scope & nor did the lightstream ,falcon totally agree i think it is to do with what suits you opticly,a bit like going to the optitians,everyones eye sight is totally different,i just prefer the optics on the elite

The lightstream looks suspiciously like the old Weaver Tactical that was around a few years ago. Are there plans for a 3-9 x 40 in the pipeline
    From what I remember these were very, very good scopes, but flippin' heavy.

I've just remembered I know someone with a Tactical.

g.l.w is offline The north west's very own Hilda Ogden.

scope

Hi Guy,s I shot with Targetzero today, not a short amount of time either Approx 6 hour,s after several changes of rifle [swapping over] i have to say the Bushnell for me, the turret,s as Perry say,s are "his word,s" mechanical, it,s as if no lub whatsoever in them??Or the gearing seems rough cut?? Opticaly no better IMHO than the 10x40 bushnell, focal plane did seem to be bob on!! they are a good scope BUT worth the extra £,s, i,l reserve judgment......g.l.w
    Air Arms HFT 500.... Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32