Thread: Imbel (FN) FAL in .22lr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WHAT no i'm one mean motherf***er poses.

URX
    I have just what you need for your new black rifle some nice FN accessories £35 the pair plus post

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...R/S3700503.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...R/S3700501.jpg

Keef Guest
    Your pictures do not show the front of the rifle so it's unclear of the type of muzzle attachment that is on it.

On the British version the flash eliminator was screwed to the barrel and retained by a round key piece with a pin through it. This was located at the 6 o'clock position on the flash eliminator. Other eliminators may be different.

For the one there is washer between the front face of the barrel and the inside of the eliminator. To fit the eliminator, it was hand tightened and the key way should have been under turned by 15 degrees. Various size washers were available to achieve this under turn. Once the under turn was achieved the eleiminator was screwed tight preferably with the correct wrench, more usually with an adjustable spanner.

If the washer that was fitted gave more than 15 degrees then the washer could be squashed and the hole through the middle reduced in size. This would affect accuracy. Depending on the design of eliminator, washer size and hole in the washer it might be an idea to check the fit. If you know someone with a lathe have a bore guage made. Turn a cylinder 0.15" diameter by 3" long. It should drop through the barrel from the breech end.

The 0.15" diameter is from memory, the last time I used a guage like that was in the Jurrasic period so if Sid is kind he might like to look up the size in the Inspection Standards part of his EMERs.

To be honest, the only way you are going to reduce the pull off weight is to change the angles on the sear front face and the hammer engagement bent. The danger is that if you over do it the rifle will slam fire or not cock at all with the hammer sliding off the sear. The weight should be 6 to 8lbs (again from memory, Sid may confirm). If I remember the hammer spring is a sealed unit, plunger and spring in a container with the end spun in. It may be difficult to separate the two. Check the plunger and spring in the pistol grip to ensure they are not binding, it can up the pull off weight.

If you decide to play with the trigger weight, have a spare hammer, sear and hammer spring assembly before you start.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I'll add some muzzle pics later tonight (or maybe tomorrow) to let you see
    Trigger work sounds err challenging
    Gun control means using both hands.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Quote Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
    WHAT no i'm one mean motherf***er poses.
    err no I dont do that
    Gun control means using both hands.

figjam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    err no I dont do that

lol thats not what i have in my photo album!

i do rememebr a very windy outing to a quarry with a pump action shotty!

photo's dont do it justice doug, it's gotrgeous in the flesh people.

rgds
    kenny