Thread: Weaver T36 Info Wanted

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Question Weaver T36 Info Wanted

CONSIDERING ONE OV THESE SCOPES,would like any one out there to give me the low down on how they rate them.are they opticly as good as a 32 bushnell?,what are there rangefinding capabilities like?any info welcome,would prefer some one who uses not selling thanks perry

Firstly, and we need to get this out of the way, I really like the 4.5-14x44 LightStream scope...

Still reading?

I got a Weaver T36 for FT a couple of weeks ago. I too was sceptical about its ranging abilities but as I also have a big Nikko I took the risk. I needn't have worried. The Weaver does range well but it ranges differently to a big Nikko. A Nikko snaps in to focus and then out again and it is easy to tell when you should be taking the range reading. The Weaver slowly comes into focus, becomes in focus and then slowly goes out again. It is easy to think that it is in focus when it in fact isn't (concentrate on the ret). This is no big deal as you just turn the AO a bit more and you can instantly tell - better or worse. Get it best you can and read the range. I have put my own ranges on as I wanted to be able to read the ranges from the side of the scope rather than on top - less moving about when in position. The turrets are very very nice with real solid, definite, and clunky clicks and the elevation turret is 72 clicks per turn. This means that 10 yards and 55 yards are in the same revolution so you have reduced chances of being the dreaded full-turn out.

The only real problem I have with the scope is the ret - it is very very fine (mine has 1/8 dot and fine cross hair ret). I initially found it difficult to set the eyepiece up as the ret is so fine it takes a moment to see it and by then your eye has focused... Took a few minutes of twiddling and testing before I was happy with it.

The other expected issues with fixed mag such as target acquisition and standing shots haven't proved to be issues at the mo.

I should point out that I have only done one FT comp with the scope (although I got my best ever score and came joint 1st ) so it may have been a one off. The rifle was also serviced last week by Harry Preston so it is shooting as good as it ever has. And the scope I was using (the big Nikko) has just been replaced under warranty as the last one had issues. The win this weekend might be due to the Weaver scope. It might have been due to the rifle service. Or it might have been that the problems I was having with the Nikko has been holding me back all year . Personally I don't care and would recommend the Weaver. But as scopes are such a personal thing, see if you can get a look through it first.

Best value FT scope there is IMO if you can get on with fixed mag and the fine ret.

Personally i love mine, i dont have any problem with standers, the only time i wish i could mag down is when the wind is being tricky.

I've used mine since the inter regionals comp, where it stuck in the 2nd highest NEFTA score, It helped me to 7th in the BFTA british masters, and 8th in the european championships. Not the best results, but up there none the less, another scope wouldnt of got me any higher put it that way.

As Pod mentioned the turrets are superb, as is the optical quality. For ~£250 S/H you WONT get better glass.

Mine wont be going anytime soon.

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Thumbs up t36

thanks pod very informative,well explained,good use ov grammar,nice fullstops and commas,10 out ov 10.thanks mate

Listen to Martin. I did

Sorry forgot: You will need a close focus adapter. The scope will only parallax down to 17 yards. With an adapter it comes down to just under 9 and there are no holes then from 9 up to and beyond 55 yards

Optically excellent, build quality superb, I didnt get on with my one as they are not very user friendly for the reticle and rangefinding. I find that the 32x bushnell a better scope to use but thats just my opinion.
    Click below for my super guns!!

My Rifles