Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SILICONE OIL DAMAGE Part2

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    The answer.... 3 in 1
    with ptfe

i have used sm 50 on my buddy bottle threads
    when left for some time in store i get green on the brass is this common

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    calm down down dear,just having a bit of a jokey....yoder.....yoda,star wars,and all that waffle on a page is typical of usa sales patter.
    i'm glad it works on your watch,really chuffed.....how much is it?
    free sample from country pursuits in cricklade ,50ml and half a bottle left.You only need a drop.

Christ - Ive just removed the Abbey silicone cloths from my pistol cases. Will use a plain cloth sprayed with some Napier gun oil in future.

The watch example was simply an example of the products lubricity and i should say resilience to attack from detergents.Funny but i even use it as a lube and general wipe on my air rifles and firearms.Use it on tools in locations where it would perhaps if it kicks off cost me my life.I trust it,good product....dear! x

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by fooknmissed View Post
    There should be a sticky about this subject,a mention about potential damage wouldn't hurt in the mags either,i cant imagine why 'Abbey' etc are still selling this stuff,have they no qualms at all?
    Ben Taylor did state last week that he'd contacted them about the dangers and had no joy
    Makes you wonder.
    Yes it makes you wonder why

Perhaps they told Ben to read the instructions
    http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...oneoilaero.jpg
    http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=293

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    zombie thread alert!
    Nah!

Just the Circle of Life...

Quote Originally Posted by kenritz View Post
    I was told to use small amounts of silicone grease, applied to o rings and air fittings. This seems to be the safest way to keep o rings soft and not to cause desiling (explosions with HPA) Has this all changed now? Thank You and please reply!

Cheers Mates,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by walrus1# View Post
    Who told you that HPA can explodewhat a buffoon.Air heats up when compressed NOT when expandingthe release of air from a cylinder through a firing valve is actaully cooling.Feel the cylinder after a few quick shots.
    No my friend Air does not explode when released from a PCP airgun. for O rings you simply massage them with the smallest amount of silicone Grease.For pistons and such like the Molyslide is the best option,just stay away from silicone on places that actaully interact with each other,during the cocking and firing cycle of an airgun.
    Gaham.
    What are you ranting about walrus? hpa CAN explode, you should know that. I don't know where you got the idea he was saying it could explode when firing. I think you need to read his post again
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

quite scary reading this. Personally i have always been a bit careful, only using silicone oil on co2 guns and ssps. Iv heard if the silicone oil gets into a pcp chamber it can explode....anyway, i jusy wipe my gun down with an old fashioned gun oil, and place a small drop of pellgun oil on the piston rob of my SSP, and its been fine. Sorry to hear about ur gun, u must have been gutted.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Hi, I've worked for a number of car manufacturing companies and all have banned silicone sprays for many years as once in the air streams it will contaminate paintwork causing difficulties in any paint repairs / retouching.

Beware silicone.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    This is a old thread and I think that it got people worrying about the lube that they were using, It was uninformed info from people making wild claims about misused and type of silicone oil.

It got people thinking that any grease or oil with silicone in it like SM was harmful to their guns and this is not so,
    one example is Terry Robbs moly SM high pressure grease, although I dont know what is in it, it is called SM and is perhaps the best airgun grease there is and has been going for decades without any problems.

I think that the more reliable info we have about lubes the better