Thread: Smk 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Apologies not needed mate,
    I know what makes a good well made gun once I have a poke around it.
    These have the standard quality number.
    As for some >not all< people poo pooing Chinese guns,
    or indeed goods per se,
    I would suggest a quick look at the made in sticker
    on scopes,mounts,trainers,jeans,mountain bikes,
    there are a few surprises to be had if you do.
    Kev.

I have got a smk xs19. I find it fine for hunting. Does anybody know where I can get a silencer for it and how to remove the foresight to attach it?

Have a look here

http://www.gunsandtackle.com/
    I think the silencer fits up to/around come off.
    By the way ,what's your trigger like?
    Kev.

when I pull it the gun fires no seriously it's my first gun so i wouldn't know if it is good or bad. the trigger guard is plastic but still firm. the safety is in front of the trigger and there is an anti bear trap system so it doesn't fire when you load.

Pull a bird,
    Pull a pint,
    Pull the other one,
    but never pull a trigger,
    squeeze it lad,squeeze it.

great for money

i got a smk 19 about 3 months ago and loved it, but that was while i used it under 20 yards, over this distance there is a few mill variation not due to pellets but the recoil which can vary along with the power causing pellet drop

my brother recently started shooting and being a cheapskate ignnored my advice of buying a weihrauch, he wnt out & bought ans smk19 with scope, bag & pellets for £130.

i have to say i was impressed with this good. ok not as solid feeling as my 80 but i had no prob;em hitting targets at 30 yards once zeroed. it has a bit of recoil but it is pretty light.

you could do far worse than this gu, espec for the money. ive seen em for 70-80 quid second hand, bargain imo

super grade xs36 u/l

hi owned one of these about a year or so ago and loved it until i shot a precharged rifle found the xs heavy but checked on the chrono after thousands and thounsands of pellets and was still putting out 11.1 to 11.6 ft lb

accuracy is a bit hard really is does bounce abit on firing but for the money it bagged plenty of quarry for the table so go for it
    airarms s410
    baikal o/u 12g m/c

smk 19

Hello gunnies
    My son has an SMK 19 and its zeroed to 30yds....shoots sweet too. He takes it out at least once a week. Its solid, reliable and accurate enough if you have the skill. he has a scope not sure which one and a silencer. Definitely value for money.

secretagentmole Guest
    I have a tuned 78 DL, in an AGS stock now, I am looking for another 78D to make a gun for the wife to go pigeon shooting with. With a tiny bit o end user input, you can get some very nice rifles from these Chinese things.

If I hear another person bleat on about Chinese quality using their damned Iphone I will go mad!

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishing View Post
    I have got a smk xs19. I find it fine for hunting. Does anybody know where I can get a silencer for it and how to remove the foresight to attach it?
    When I removed my front sight from SMK 19 I used a adjustable wrench, wrapped masking tape around jaws then adjusted it down to just slightly larger than barrel. Put it over barrel (with tape to stop scratching and slide it up against fore sight. Then tap wrench against fore sight with light hammer and it will slide straight off

I have owned my 19 for 2 months now, I bought it new which came with a 4-32 scope, suppressor and shortened barrel. To start with it was quite noisy to cock and shoot but after a strip down, debur, polish and lube its now alot smoother to cock, quiter to shoot and more accurate. Giving the barrel a recrown and countersinking the the breach end sorted out the pellet shaving. Fitting a WWII trigger from welshwilly has completely changed the characteristics of the gun though and all that there is left to do is fit a tuning kit and it will be a perfect hunting gun for bargain price. I haven't come across a gun for the same price that fills everything that needs to make a great all rounder.

Better then you think

I own a Air Airms S400 Classic and Air Arms TX200, and have owned many SMK rifles as well for HFT. The SMK from the box are pretty rough, but with a little work can be a great gun.

I had a XS19 that had been work on and to be really honest shoot as well as my AA TX200 upto 25 yards, the only difference is from 30 to 45 yards, as the recoile on the lighter XS19 made it less accurate, this can be easily solved by adding some lead to the gun.

For the money there really is not other choice for the quality or accuracy.
    Air Arms TX200