Thread: Smk 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stick to detecting Kev !!!!!

Kev

Apologies for suggesting that you are a chinese gun fan because you have not owned any others! In fact, a lot of people love the chinese guns, particularly the yanks who work on them and tune them into sweet shooting rifles. If you like em, you stick to em - this sport is all about enjoying whatever gun or style of shooting you want to follow - all the best with your shooting mate!

Apologies not needed mate,
    I know what makes a good well made gun once I have a poke around it.
    These have the standard quality number.
    As for some >not all< people poo pooing Chinese guns,
    or indeed goods per se,
    I would suggest a quick look at the made in sticker
    on scopes,mounts,trainers,jeans,mountain bikes,
    there are a few surprises to be had if you do.
    Kev.

I have got a smk xs19. I find it fine for hunting. Does anybody know where I can get a silencer for it and how to remove the foresight to attach it?

Have a look here

http://www.gunsandtackle.com/
    I think the silencer fits up to/around come off.
    By the way ,what's your trigger like?
    Kev.

when I pull it the gun fires no seriously it's my first gun so i wouldn't know if it is good or bad. the trigger guard is plastic but still firm. the safety is in front of the trigger and there is an anti bear trap system so it doesn't fire when you load.

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishing View Post
    I have got a smk xs19. I find it fine for hunting. Does anybody know where I can get a silencer for it and how to remove the foresight to attach it?
    When I removed my front sight from SMK 19 I used a adjustable wrench, wrapped masking tape around jaws then adjusted it down to just slightly larger than barrel. Put it over barrel (with tape to stop scratching and slide it up against fore sight. Then tap wrench against fore sight with light hammer and it will slide straight off

I have owned my 19 for 2 months now, I bought it new which came with a 4-32 scope, suppressor and shortened barrel. To start with it was quite noisy to cock and shoot but after a strip down, debur, polish and lube its now alot smoother to cock, quiter to shoot and more accurate. Giving the barrel a recrown and countersinking the the breach end sorted out the pellet shaving. Fitting a WWII trigger from welshwilly has completely changed the characteristics of the gun though and all that there is left to do is fit a tuning kit and it will be a perfect hunting gun for bargain price. I haven't come across a gun for the same price that fills everything that needs to make a great all rounder.