Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smk 19

great for money

i got a smk 19 about 3 months ago and loved it, but that was while i used it under 20 yards, over this distance there is a few mill variation not due to pellets but the recoil which can vary along with the power causing pellet drop

my brother recently started shooting and being a cheapskate ignnored my advice of buying a weihrauch, he wnt out & bought ans smk19 with scope, bag & pellets for £130.

i have to say i was impressed with this good. ok not as solid feeling as my 80 but i had no prob;em hitting targets at 30 yards once zeroed. it has a bit of recoil but it is pretty light.

you could do far worse than this gu, espec for the money. ive seen em for 70-80 quid second hand, bargain imo

bigglesworth Guest
    Kev,These Chinese rifles have a great following in the states.They even come in with better stock options than our Weihrauchs or Gamos have (See piccie below, the 3 bottom rifles show the stock options of the HW95k clones,imported by BAM into the states).All they need to make a good improvement is a strip and a re-lube.I own two HW95k`s ,but I wouldn`t be embarrassed about owning an XS19 (Gamo Hunter clone).Hell, I regularly use my Edgar Bros(Hatsan) Mod.60S,which I love shooting and I`m thumping 40mm kill zones at 30 and 35 metres with it!

Enjoy your XS19

Kenny.

P.S.;Here`s a link you might find interesting;;;http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/k...9/b19index.htm
    b19index and http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/ (go into Chinese and Gamo Forums, the XS19 is also marketed as the Crosman Quest and also as a Remington)
    Airgunforum
    Last edited by bigglesworth; 12-02-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Klik Guest

Smk 19

This has been my first rifle and it is a very good rifle. Got the rifle with a 4x28 SMK scope and 500 pellets for £120. It is a powerful number and accurate once zero'd. Obviously this is a new rifle with only 300 pellets through it. I'll keep you updated as it gets run in.

PS I'm a bit weary at slagging off Asian products as you will probably find that most goods are or contain parts from this area of the world......like it or not.

C'est la vie.

Just bought a chinese gun after using a BSA lightening.
    Went for the XS78 & stripped & fitted tuning kit. Then had to detune ( 13.7lb )
    First time shot it took a bunny just below the eye at 30 metres which is good enough for me.
    The build quality seems to be of good standard & the rifle is VERY light.
    Looking to buy a HW57 soon but love this SMK

Regards.. Stickfly

I have a SMK 19 and a Air Arms 400 I still keep going back to the smk as it feels like a real gun it has recoil and you need a bit of skill to shoot it. the Air Arms will do a 1 inch group all day and so will the SMK but you have to work at it, The Smk is well built accurate and great value for money 99 pounds bargain.

I recently bought a delux XS19 carbine, The stock has well cut chequering, it comes with a Silencer, and it pushes out 11.4ft lbs. It is very well made

My opinion it's a lot of gun for a little money, people can slate the Chinese all they like, but there is nothing to compare from any other country in the same price bracket

I already own 2 x XS78 CO2, a B2 and a DB4, with the XS19 all together they have cost less than £350.00. BEAT THAT PRICE with any other guns

I've got a smk 19-18 with fiber optic sights great gun its got a great feel when holding the gun the trigger a little tight but you get used to that i dose any body know how i can losen it robbo

smk 19

evening gents, nice review. I dont own this gun, but my good friend Grif1968 does. I have shoot it, ok its not a Hw, but it dose its job well and for the money he paid for it i would say he got a real bargin. His was a slight second but i and he and all who have shoot it can find no real fault with it, granted trigger could do with some improvement but all in all a bargin..

I think you'll find that ChalieDaTuna's GRT trigger fits this gun, and improves it no end!!

http://charliedatuna.com/
    Last edited by uk litehammer; 17-11-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added website.

I wonder what theXS20 custom is like..they reviewed it while back in one of the mags with very nice results..
    ATB,
    yana

It's a copy of a Weihrauch HW95.

super grade xs36 u/l

hi owned one of these about a year or so ago and loved it until i shot a precharged rifle found the xs heavy but checked on the chrono after thousands and thounsands of pellets and was still putting out 11.1 to 11.6 ft lb

accuracy is a bit hard really is does bounce abit on firing but for the money it bagged plenty of quarry for the table so go for it
    airarms s410
    baikal o/u 12g m/c

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I wonder what theXS20 custom is like..they reviewed it while back in one of the mags with very nice results..
    click below and you will see
    http://aardys.site88.net/_sgg/m1m1_1.htm

Getting Old

Hi, ive been shooting my uncles 19 for a few months now and havent really got on with it very well, struggling with accuracy. I thought this was just me until i used my friends old BSA Meteor on the weekend which was a dream to shoot in comparison.

In the SMK's defence however, it has been completely reliable and seems to be built pretty well for the cash, and still puts a smile on my face even if i cant hit a barn door with it!
    Jon J