Thread: Springer tuning by Dave Lilley

Bowyer is offline They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring

Thumbs up Springer tuning by Dave Lilley

I had a problem with my brand new Prosport constantly going over power and being inconsistant, so I asked Dave Lilley (Kick Yer Butt on this forum) to make a new spring guide and piston wieght in delrin for it, and I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone just what an excellent job he did of it.

Before he custom made the new parts, I couldn't rely on a consistant impact point - I'd zero the scope just fine, and next time I used it it'd be hitting somewhere else. After - wow. The recoil was halved, the power consistant and well legal, and I scored a personal best in round 5 of the Southern Hunters at West London Rangers of 56, just one point behind John Budd and Mike Isaacs - and I'd have matched 'em if that wind hadn't dropped just the moment I released the trigger on the second to last target. Ah well - I expect we've all got experiences like that!

His price is exceptionally reasonable, and he even made and fitted the new parts for me on a sunday, for heaven's sake! Great bloke, great work.

Thanks Dave, and I'd recommend you to anyone!

Cheers mate!
    Don't tell 'em y'name, Pike!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Hallo Chris, cheeky bugger that wind must have been the same one that caused my 30yarder dead cert to plate.Both shooting partners were as suprised as I was; I just head butted the nearest tree and continued the course .Thanks for the prezzi.
    Dave's doing some fine tuning these days, the results can be seen and tried at his shoot or at Lea Valley, very smoooooth .He also does a superb tune to the TX200's range transforming them completely, becoming a little wizard he is,people could do far worse than try him for a tune-up.Reasonable cost and perhaps a free cup of tea from Grettle HERX77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Thanks 4 the plug lads.

Gretel said "you might get a free cuppa off her at L.V but dont push yer luck at home, "

Just bring a flask

Dave

What i realy meant was,

I can make some things but,
    If you can tel me how to make my misis jump and make me and my mates a cuppa at home i will tune your springer 4 free.

Dave