Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Sellers For A Scope Import

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Air Ranger 658 View Post
    Hi, I just bought a Harris Bi pod from Cabelas.com from the US.
    The price worked out at £80.00. But I had to pay £14.50 custom import tax.
    I could have got the same Bi pod from Utterings for the same price.
    Think I'll stay in the UK in future.
    Unfortunately too late now

but if buying from US
    this seller......*dnrsports*uk.......on ébay is brilliant
    gift and speedy shipping,

may help next time though.

HIH

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerpalmer View Post
    Can anyone recommend a US etail business from which to buy, for example, a Leupold Scope. As the exchange rate is looking good, I wondered if it would be cheaper to import, or should I go to Sportsman or opticswarehouse.

I purchased a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50 from Fox Optics on E***.com, the deal was done without any problems with all emails answered and they did what they said they would do. But I still had to pay the duty.
    A SWINGING CHAIN SAYS THE SEAT IS STILL WARM
    , Webley Spectre .22 ,

stevie h is offline member of verminhunters .25 club
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Well - Happy to say my last post was wrong or at least in this case not right .
    My scopes arrived today all the way from Virginia USA within 7 days. No Customs, no hassle, only what looks like two excellent scopes. At the price I paid its worth taking a chance on the Customs/V.AT./Import Duty front.
    what was the name or web site you got your scopes from ??? thanks

america sellers

try bear basin outfitters had to from them 10 mths ago just ordered a leupold comp 45

bill is contact good people

Bear Basin are a good setup, just remember there's a -8hr time difference if phoning,they do reply to e-mail promptly. They also have a minimum $600 order value for overseas orders and don't ask them to put "gift etc" on the package to try and avoid any Duty, they won't be impressed!

Why not get a quote from Bones???

It'll beat any UK price and you wont have to pay any customs charges.....

Mark

C.A.M Guest
    When shipping from the states, its worth asking the shop if they would mark the item as a gift, or commercial sample.

That way you can avoid paying the import duty, some will some wont, its worth a try.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Must say, given present exchange rates I'm getting tempted to buy from dnrsports as they have free shipping as well!
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

You would be better off asking it to be shipped as a 'Warrantee Return', I've had several and all came through no problem.

I bought a camera from USA a couple of years ago and couldn't avoid the duty as Fed Ex paid it then sent me a bill - about £25 for a £350 camera, as I recall.
    There is also the fact that you'll have little or no comeback if things go wrong and the seller won't play ball.
    For these reasons, I think you would have to be making a considerable saving to make it worthwhile.

murph-e Guest
    Parcelforce charge £8 to £13 handling charge on top of the vat and duty now as I've had a few small sub £100, or just over, items posted to me recently and ended up paying £20 odd to thirty odd on top of the price which makes a lot of things as dear as UK prices. I have avoided paying anything a few other times in the past months when the parcels have been marked as scientific research but I doubt this would hold water when it came to rifle scopes unless the customs could be fooled into thinking they were some sort of scientific instrument.

purchased a few scopes from the states all from

http://www.arcadian-sales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

spot on service and only had to pay the parcel farce handling charge (which strangely varies)
    cheers KW

Bear Basin are the biggest bunch of self-abusers I've ever dealt with in 28 years of airgunning.

1) Surly and obtuse customer service.

2) Put my order on hold (without notifying me) because they were going to 'review their export policy'

3) Decided they would not export a B&L Elite 4200 because it was against their new, but secret, export policy (again I had to prise this info out of them)

4) Credited my credit card refund to someoe else's account - something they only owned up to after a couple more weeks.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Smile Scope

Just got a Leupold VXL from D&R. Ordered it through the UK site. No problems at all. Took about 10 days.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I've ordered a Leup comp from them, hopefully it will arrive in a couple of days then. Although I did order a sunshade for the scope as well so they may have to wait for that to arrive.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.