Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leica rangemaster 1200 lrf scan

vtecjack is offline Methylated Spirit,Ice and a brolly please barman
    I have actaully been to the leica factory it is very impressive I work for a company that sells artillery directors and one is made by a company called vectronix which used to be part of leica the facility is very impressive and the staff canteen is the best I have ever been in!

part of the course we had to go on the factory roof to test a range finder the instuctor told me to piont it at a church steeple and take a reading to which I replied "which one?" there where dozens of the blooming things

best part of the trip going to a restaurant in the mountains and seeing someone draging a a freshly killed deer into the places own butchery needless to say I had venison that evening and very nice it was too

Lrf900

Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    I have the LRF 900 and have tried most of the competition which it leaves trailing. It is very easy to use and I can confirm the quoted accuracy to be within one yard as I have tried it against a tape measure.
    The lenses are Leica quality and as such unbeatable.
    I also have the LRF900 and I totally agree with you they are a joy to use and the sight picture is fantastic for a rang finder.

Alan.

so what are the main differences between the leica rangemaster 1200 lrf and the leica 900 model?

Lrf900/1200

Hi, I think it,s just the distance you can scan at i.e. 1200 yds/meters against 900 yds/meters the LRF900 is being replaced by the CRF900.

The older LRF900 has a more robust feel about it,as it is rubber coated and you should be able to pick one up under £300.

Cheers,
    Alan

I just bought myself a Leica LRF 900, after reading this thread and others and I am very impressed!
    (I had a Bushnell Scout before, it really wasn`t that great).
    The Leica gives 800+ yard readings on objects instantly, and it was a bright sunny day. The Bushnell struggled on anything past 300 yards, and optically just isn`t up to the job.
    I did look at the new Leica CRF, but decided on the older LRF as it seemed to be more robust, but also a bit bigger which I think you need with rangefinders.
    The CRF is a one handed model and I could not hold it steady enough with one hand to laser long distance targets.
    This is the third laser rangefinder I have owned, as usual I bought a cheapy, then upgraded to the Bushnell, and found this to be only a bit better than the cheaper model. Now I have the Leica.
    I should have bought this one to start with.

never min

Quote Originally Posted by KONYN View Post
    Hi, I think it,s just the distance you can scan at i.e. 1200 yds/meters against 900 yds/meters the LRF900 is being replaced by the CRF900.

The older LRF900 has a more robust feel about it,as it is rubber coated and you should be able to pick one up under £300.

Cheers,
    Alan
    your right the older ones are £280 in the gunmart at the moment.
    thats for the 900 yard one
    Last edited by jamie g; 08-10-2007 at 08:13 AM.