Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top FT Scope?

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Very useful info Ludd.

Does this apply to the Competition Series at all as I've been thinking of getting one to replace my Big Nikko.

Thanks,

Vic.
    The Competition series is not very temperature sensitive and is the easiest scope to rangefind with, head/eye position is not critical.
    Last edited by luddite; 19-01-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Can't spell Conpetition, er i mean Competition

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    the 20-5o is world ft class how many wins ????? proven scope ...
    In skilled hands the 20-50 is indeed a wonderfull scope but for normal mortals like me they are just too variable. I had one for a year before the frustration of the change in range finding made me give up on it.
    They are not all as sensitive to temperature as each other and I have heard that some are not sensitive at all but I can only report on the ones that I have used and all of those were. Perhaps their owners just did not notice the change.

20-50's can be made better by adjusting the end lens...trying to make it max out at around 57-60 can deliver better snap...some snap better than others, with some its a case of picking out the detail, but the common thing with them i've heard is that they all need work learning.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    The Competition series is not very temperature sensitive and is the easiest scope to rangefind with, head/eye position is not critical.
    Thanks for that Ludd. Now all I need to know is do I get:

1) Leup Comp (40 mag)
    2) Digital SLR
    3) Small Vertical Mill

I can only afford one of them!
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

I have just bought a premier reticles leup comp 40x and it appears to be good, I still think the burris is the best but time will tell, i will keep assessing the leup and wont give up yet!

I have had all of the leups and think the burris is a better rangefinder than any of them!
    Click below for my super guns!!

My Rifles

it would be interesting one day to get a load of good scopes together and see what the actual performance is of the scopes...having looked through leups i've seen quite a variation in behaviour.

still the best thing i've looked through is the prototype s&b...but daz's burris was very good...pity i just couldnt get it on the gun

Rob if you are going to Newbury Sunday you can look through a very nice Burris that I have

Cheers Dean
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

i may sell my 20-50 what is a mint one worth with all extras and the rare dick thomas reticule ??????????? i shoot center fire only now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Walter View Post
    I have just bought a premier reticles leup comp 40x and it appears to be good, I still think the burris is the best but time will tell, i will keep assessing the leup and wont give up yet!

I have had all of the leups and think the burris is a better rangefinder than any of them!
    If the Burris 8-32x44 R/A had a side wheel it would very likely be the ultimate FT scope. However as it does not the Loop Comp 45 IS the best range finder bar none. I can range find to the yard with ease between 50-55 yards.

nice one 20 -50 Leupold

I had one untill recently, mounted on my FT rifle, best scope I've ever had, and I've got a few. A guy pestered and pestered me to sell it to him and I sold it for £875. But 3 months on, I wished had never have sold it. Not for that price anyway - Too cheap

Quote Originally Posted by fairgunner View Post
    I had one untill recently, mounted on my FT rifle, best scope I've ever had, and I've got a few. A guy pestered and pestered me to sell it to him and I sold it for £875. But 3 months on, I wished had never have sold it. Not for that price anyway - Too cheap
    A good one is a delight, a normal one is a torment.

Leupold Competition : How great are the difference on the Rangefinding between the 35x and 40x Version ? Is the Duplex or Target Dot Reticle better ?

Quote Originally Posted by khamsin View Post
    Rob if you are going to Newbury Sunday you can look through a very nice Burris that I have

Cheers Dean
    Thats my old scope! It is a nice example but I could'nt get on with the front PA.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

This is on e6ay, item number: 180001989076 Whats the best price I could expect from a UK dealer? I'm also thinking I'd prefer a non black version - white, silver or my particular favoutite desert cammo, all by the Leupold custom shop. I guess I need a US dealer that can supply the scope at a good price and get it customised by Leupold before it's shipped to me?
    Vic.

I have the big nikko and it is very sensitive to the temperature.I was there thinking of buying the new FT SB. you believe than with the finished one that it brings and the construction of the viewfinder in if it was helping to that every day and in every situation the viewfinder changes the point of impact?

thanks
    ger