Thread: falcon fn8

falcon fn8

anyone done a review of this pistol ?

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing

Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by davebelton View Post
    anyone done a review of this pistol ?
    I had the FN6 in .177 and it was a fine pistol. Reliable, accurate and solid. Mine was the single shot and straight handle which I fitted, from memory a Pachyderm(?) grip.

I would suggest the action is identical to the FN rifles with a smaller discharge port restrictor to bring the ft/lbs down to below six. Maybe forty shots or so per fill. Good trigger feel and let off too.

At 15 metres with a red dot sight I could get acceptable groupings inside 1". Or put a hole through a resin garden chair.

With silencer and sight the rig got a little shaky freehand but "cop" style was fine.

If I was getting another? I'd go for the FN 8, still in .177, with the anatomical stock and not think twice about making the right decision

falcon

thank you

fn8 multi

Had a couple ,of both cals..177 was ok for garden plinks & ratting, the .22 was great tweeked for 40yds, undercover sniping....bunny's etc.

dam things are awkward to load ,especially the multi-shot.if the mag had been designed like a rapid it would be a winner..

great looking things, a tad front heavy, bit more so with the silencer etc..

as a std pistol, the webley hurricane or hw45, in my op..are better..as practicality pistols..

the taurus 7 shot ,revolver..better still....

thats my penny's worth.. have fun

I had an FN8 and , though I really liked it, it just would not hold any air every time I went to use it, it was empty!
    it went back to Falcon twice [guy i dealt with on the phone had a HUGE chip on his shoulder]. Must say I've had the same reaction from the Falcon stand in the Midland Game Fair. Anybody else found the Falcon bods to be a bit up themselves? It may well have changed since they were bought out....

Anyway, flogged it after a while as Falcon just didn't want to know.

Having said that, I had an FN 19 for years and it was the dig's b******s!

The FN6 is manageable as a single handed pistol but has a pretty loud crack to it. With quickfil silencer is ok two handed. My 177 gives 30 shots per charge at 480 to 500fps and back to 480 with Bisley magnums. Accuracy rested with a rifle scope will give one hole groups at 20m. I use iron sights and red dot to, All are great fun but prefer open sights.

My FN8 .22 gave up to 45 shots per charge but to clumsy for a pistol with a silencer fitted. Again amazing accuracy and built to last as are all Falcons. Certainly capable of killing a rat at 25yd humanely. if you want to turn the power down you can get up to 50% more shots for back garden plinking.

All in all 3x the price of a Crossman 2240 but more than 3x the gun IMHO.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Great gun had a bit of time on my hands, so did a quick review. HERX77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.