Thread: theoben countryman.(pre H E system)

trialsbikesben Guest

theoben countryman.(pre H E system)

i have a countryman in.177 ,powered by "gas spring" system this is the name of theoben,s power plant before the "H E gas ram" system was introduced,it has theobens own scope mounts(not dampa)fitted, same princepal, mounts are part of the action so to speak.the person who owned it before me said there is about 5 or 6 major componants that were"borrowed"from existing models off various manufacturers, HW 35 barrel,meteor trigger mechanism,cocking link from another BSA this time the mercury etc. does any one have more knowledge/info about these early countryman rifles to put me straight on anything that maybe incorrect about this small amount of info that lead to beleive is true? or details of time in production,how many made etc.ANY HELP WOULD BE A BIG HELP.many thanks,reg james.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    http://www.theoben.co.uk/customer/pages.php?pageid=3

Sirocco Countryman first appeared in March '86
    Countryman Carbine '88

Triggers were based on the Webley Omega unit. The hw35 barrel and BSA cocking link suggestions are, at least dubious, the meteor trigger mech is, if Theoben are to be believed, just wrong.

I'd suggest that you'll get some real detail if you contact Ben Taylor (bengarzy on here). If you have the serial number, usually scribed into the cocking linkage, I might be able to date it for you.

HTH.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Early Theobens used Webley barrels, But I'm sure the Countryman has an Anschutz barrel. I believe the HW35 barrel is 15mm whereas the Theobens are 16mm o.d.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.