Bought myself one of these recently to see what the 'new kid on the block' is like. It arrived in a box the size of an 8-32 Elite 4200 which was a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting a telescope Upon opening said crate I was pleasantly surprised to see that the excess housed all the extra goodies that are included in the price; sunshade, 30mm mounts & big side-wheel to name a few.

A quick glance at the ret had me in awe at all the aiming points, and unlike some rets from other manufacturers, the spacing seemed more purposeful without washing out the sight picture with dozens of lines - very impressive.

The first outing was a lamping trip, (a few weeks back when much of the Country was under heavy fog), a quick zero in my garden range then out on the hunt. Unfortunately, due to the poor weather visibility was down to 50yds at best, less than 30yds for most of the time so any sign of Roger would have been a miracle, but under lamplight, the Viper performed extremely well. Again, very impressive.

Earlier today was my first chance to get to the club, were I could get some real target practice in. I was truly amazed at the fact that the scope actually snaps in to focus while adjusting the parallax. I have only come across this on much higher mag scopes, never before on 12x! The multi aiming points are spot on, giving a true mark to aim at over all airgun ranges.

As for the optics: - simply stunning for this price! certainly better than a Bushnell 3200 but not quite up to 4200 quality, almost but not quite – hardly surprising given the price difference.

Build quality is top notch, although the ally flip-ups were marked when I received the scope. As they are included, I have no gripe with this.
The Viper seems to be bombproof; the weight alone backs this up and is the only fault I can give the scope. Stick it on a light rifle and you will soon forget about it, but you will notice on an already heavy rifle, unless you like sore arms.

Overall impressions:-

Price – buttons! Waaay too cheap for a scope with so many features included in the give-away price to start with.

Features - too many, and the turrets which are lockable are ace. The side-wheel and zoom ring are a tad tight, but I expect these to ease off over time. I forgot to mention the illuminated ret, a feature I've never gone for in a scope before as I have never seen the need for it. This one looks good at night, and that's all I can say about it...

Optics - superb, you simply will not find better in this price range. If I were selling the scopes, I would guarantee this.