Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper 3-12x44

can someone comment on the optics at high mag. And anyone out there used one in low light along side say a leupold or a bushnell

cheers,

NICK

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dunganick View Post
    can someone comment on the optics at high mag. And anyone out there used one in low light along side say a leupold or a bushnell

cheers,

NICK
    One of the Mods on here lives close to you and has a couple on his riflles. he has Leups and Bushnells - perhaps pay Baz a visit

I have just bought one, then shot a friendly at Ford!!
    Did well even though i was worried using a new scope for a comp!
    My personal opinions are, Flip ups were showing ally on edges and will obviously get worse, answer buy butlers!, Not over keen on big "military" style turrets, but getting used to them!, The mounts may be cheap? But they are actually good quality, more than that the actual male "Grip" that goes in the dovetail is one of the best i have seen fits my protarget better than any other mount...and i have tried a few "Very fine dovetail groove".
    The optics are very good, not quite as good as a lightstream, but they take some beating!
    The ret although quite busy is really useful if you aim off a mill dot or two, it is easy to correlate with the hold over or under because of the long stadia's!
    In all a really nice scope for HFT or anything come to that, like it so much
    I have ordered the fixed 10x!! Lovely scope!
    Last edited by blackscale; 09-04-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: atroshus spelling lol
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

I am truly amazed

I saw one of these at a friend's house Monday. He has it on a AA410

When I saw it I did think it looked a bit OTT and funky...but.

I have just been testing a 30mm 4200 and optically, there was very little in it at all (this was not a head to head view) from what I can see.
    The reticule is excellent and that suprised me as I hate Christmas tree type reticules, but this was knife endge sharp and looked etched (is it?)

The turret system is a very good idea.

The FOV is far wider than the 4200 and the eye relief is slightly longer (easier to mount).

The only reservation I had was the weight (not bad for a 30mm scope, but still too heavy for my taste) and the finish, this one was a titanium looking colour.
    Certainly not enough to detract from the advantages.

I amazed at the glass quality for the money and the build is damned good.

For HMR it looks perfect and will also be a consideration for the .17 Rem in the higher mag version.

Mark, the guy who has it is extremely chuffed and says that the low light performance is excellent.

Blue, they are good, all of them, although I havent tried the biggest one yet

baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

I'm really taken by this scope - seems like a great optic sold by great folk. I'm in the process of returning a dodgy Hawke Nite Eye 3-9x50IR to Uttings, and rather than take a replacement I'd like to upgrade to this model. I bought a Sportsmatch Dampa mount for mounting on my HW90K, but imagine I'd need to swap this for a 30mm Sportsmatch Dampa. Is there such a thing? No sign on Sportsmatcg website.

I'd really like opinions on whether there are any drawbacks to using this on the HW90? It must be about the same weight as the Hawke, and I had no bother with that on the HW90. The 90 seems to have a rep as a scope-buster, but as most big retailers sell their combos with two-piece mounts, surely this must be a bit exaggerated? I'd like Gary C's opinion as I don't want to be bothering him much post-purchase!

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frostbear View Post
    I'm really taken by this scope - seems like a great optic sold by great folk. I'm in the process of returning a dodgy Hawke Nite Eye 3-9x50IR to Uttings, and rather than take a replacement I'd like to upgrade to this model. I bought a Sportsmatch Dampa mount for mounting on my HW90K, but imagine I'd need to swap this for a 30mm Sportsmatch Dampa. Is there such a thing? No sign on Sportsmatcg website.

I'd really like opinions on whether there are any drawbacks to using this on the HW90? It must be about the same weight as the Hawke, and I had no bother with that on the HW90. The 90 seems to have a rep as a scope-buster, but as most big retailers sell their combos with two-piece mounts, surely this must be a bit exaggerated? I'd like Gary C's opinion as I don't want to be bothering him much post-purchase!
    Try it
    If it breaks we replace
    We replace, analyse and upgrade
    You get a stronger scope and our thanks
    We haven't had enough fails to make any sense happily

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Try it
    If it breaks we replace
    We replace, analyse and upgrade
    You get a stronger scope and our thanks
    We haven't had enough fails to make any sense happily
    Thanks for the prompt reply Gary. Any advice/feedback received on Dampa mounts?

Gary C Guest
    Sorry mate
    I woul dbe bull****ting - someone like Pieman or Buddy will tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Sorry mate
    I woul dbe bull****ting - someone like Pieman or Buddy will tell you
    I like yer style mate!

Man's telescopic sight purveyor's answer!

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    I've been selling MTC scopes for a couple of months now...can't believe how quickly they are going! I'm about to place my third order. All the praise is well deserved, I was my first Viper customer. I've since learnt of some of the manufacturing details (apparently an optics pixie is being held hostage, under orders to make a market leading scope), and it's technically better than I had imagined.
    I'm selling more Vipers than airguns!

Now, if only Gary and Sammie (Posh and Becks of the airgun fraternity) would invent a pcp. I have heard that the Daystate pixie is missing...
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Gary, bought one of your scopes

You have an e-mail

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Can't wait for mine to arrive!

After reading all the good reports and trying a few out, I had only 1 choice for a do all scope when purchasing a .177 gun.

Managed to get one second hand on here at a good price (thanks Craig.25). Now if only posting a parcel was as fast as sending an email!!!

Will report my finding once I've had chance to test it but I'm sure I'll just be repeating other peoples findings.

I'm confident I won't need to but where would I stand from a warranty point of view - if required? Is Gary.C looking in, can he shed some light on the subject?

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    After reading all the good reports and trying a few out, I had only 1 choice for a do all scope when purchasing a .177 gun.

Managed to get one second hand on here at a good price (thanks Craig.25). Now if only posting a parcel was as fast as sending an email!!!

Will report my finding once I've had chance to test it but I'm sure I'll just be repeating other peoples findings.

I'm confident I won't need to but where would I stand from a warranty point of view - if required? Is Gary.C looking in, can he shed some light on the subject?

Ryan
    We'll give you as new mate - just drop sammie a change of warranty mail

Quote Originally Posted by dunganick View Post

cheers,

NICK
    Hi m8, I do 50% of my hunting in low light. I am so impressed by these scopes I have just purchased another one. I compared my 4-16x50 viper with my m8's 6-24x56 Optima which is an excellent scope in it's own rights with Jap optics, and it is easily as good as this. The MTC scope gets full marks from me in all departments i.e. value for money, looks, ease of use, low light capability, optical quality the list goes on for the money the MTC range is superb.