Thread: Falcon FN8 review.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"

Falcon FN8 review.

Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006
    The Falcon FN8.
    Great gun, the best to get is one with the match trigger and target stock.
    Its worth looking at the trigger though, as it invariable needs a bit of grease on it, GN or LT2. Adjustment is available to allow lateral and vertical as well as longitudinal movement of the trigger pad.There is also adjustment for pressure and stage movement of the trigger.
    Don't know about iron sights as it does not come with any sighting system but has dovetails cut on top of the breach.
    Refilling is by threaded front end, most people who have one put on a quick release male fitting like the old Air Arms standard unit for the 400.
    Refil pressure of 190 bar will take you through a Lea Valley pistol HFT of 10 to 15 lanes shooting 5 on each lane=50 to 75 shots. Actually I find I begin to get bored before I refil.
    For competition I use a mini AGS scope of 3-9x40 mil dot, which gives a fairly flat profile from 10 to 30 yds and sufficient accuracy rested of 8mm dia at 25yds and has taken out on a HFT course targets at 45yds. Others find Red Dots floats their boat.
    For best results the pistol has to be shot as a mini rifle; one reason Lea Valley has stopped this in competition, the scores it gets are too high. Didn't help the opposition though .
    Various "bling" can be attached to the barrel, some work others polish up real good ,I personnally use a blast deflector,air being transferred through 60 degrees upwards, taking rear pressure off the pellet as well as pressing barrel down slightly at the same time, reducing tendency of barrel to lift after trigger release."Bad technique" compensation,---we need all the help we can get,Sean?
    The external barrel dia seems to be an odd size, needing a bit more care machining to fit furniture.
    Overall a nice pistol, right amount of power, accurate in the right hands, boringly lots of shots.Will upset rifles if used for fun on a serious HFT course, crys of flash barstxrd, and worst can be heard letting you know you have arrived, and how bad some shooters are.
    Buy one they are that good.
    HERX77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Herx77; 11-03-2007 at 11:55 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.