Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webley Mk 3 - Sights & performance

I have two of them, they are great and both Chrony at 10.5/11.5 ft/lbs - they have open sights and no means of fitting a 'scope.

TBH using open sights was how I learned to shoot. You either aimed and hit or missed. You learned that you REALLY had to decide that the foresight was EXACTLY on a level with the top of the "U" of the rearsight. Then you had to centre the foresight EXACTLY in the middle of said "U" at the same time. I still do the same juggling act today - don't breathe when shooting.

So - in answer to the original post - yes, Mk3 with open sights is just as good as a modern gun with a tele at the same (close) range.

But are you?

Web mk 111

Ill say this, before the precharged and some other top rifles people hunted bunny with these oldies, if your confident of a kill shot, no worries, I used an old relum, and it was ample, now on the subject of Webley, I have a mk 111, I need a loading tap, and the screws for both sides, also the front stock screws, and a rear sight, can any help me, can email me on mentalcombat01@gmail.com, also need a rear steel sight for a tornado. and maybe a spring guide for a rel telly. need some low prices not like the rip offfs from the suppliers, like 5 quid for a bloody screw