Thread: diana G80

diana G80

Thanks for the welcome chaps,

I will take your advice and do a wanted post for the G80, I am not too fussed about condition as I like to do restoration projects. I have recently renovated a .22 Webley Falcon, I found it sticking out of a skip a few years ago, I'm not a skip rat by the way, it was just there and I had to save it from a tragic end. It was not in too bad a condition, a bit of surface rust and the stock was a bit shabby, internally the leather piston washer was on its last legs and the main spring was really worn out. After a total strip down and clean up, I gave it a reblue not perfect, I may do it again. Rubbed down the woodwork and restained it, got some replacement internals from chambers and I now have a very good 1960's, working Webley Falcon.
    I took it down to the club this afternoon, bolted on a small scope and got it forming 25 mm groups at 15m {bench rested on a bean bag then using hold over, standing position I even managed to hit a resetting target at 25m. I got a bigger buzz from that than I do from shooting with my AA S400 set-up. Mind you I get a thrill from shooting my old Webley Pistols. I must be sad. Do any of you lads shoot your collectors rifles, its a shame to stick em in a cabinet.

I have now started a project on a BSA .22 Scorpion pistol, fair condition but externals need some touch up and it kicks more than a Browning 9 mm when firing. Any advice on how to strip it down, it looks complicated once out of the pistol grips.
    cheers.

Yes mate " DON<T " take the trigger apart, I have all the spares you need for this ( Except sights ) cheers,

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Milbro Diana G80 .22 4 U.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome chaps, I will take your advice and do a wanted post for the G80.
    Hi again Carl, WANTED ads work well. This year alone such ads have netted me a BSA Mercury-S .177 (x2), a BSA Airsporter-S .22 (x2), a BSA Meteor (x2 MkIIs plus a mint MkIV), and a Webley Omega carbine in .177 ... I have also had an ad running looking for a Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 71, which although it has not found me the actual rifle required, it has found me a Diana Mod 27 to renovate and a Milbro Diana G80 .22 in very good condition. But (and its a big but) because I have over spent, although I'd love it, can't justify the purchase. It is only around the £100 mark, and if you are interested, send me a p-m and I'll put you in touch with the seller . ATB M8:

Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

you have pm
    cheers.

you have pm cheers.
    YHPM TOO . Have been negotiating on your behalf (hope you don't mind ), and the guy selling the vgc Milbro Diana G80 .22 says that the lowest he could consider going is £70 plus post of your choice (insured standard parcel post is £10.50ish and Next Day Special Delivery is £18.50ish). I promised I'd let him know your thoughts as soon as you let me have 'em (but don't feel obligated ). ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for that Gareth,
    Sounds very interesting, a bit more info on condition and if possible any pictures
    Regards,
    Carl.

Thanks for that Gareth,
    Sounds very interesting, a bit more info on condition and if possible any pictures
    Regards,
    Carl.
    Am p-ming you his details now. He is a top chap, I'd stake my BBS history and good name on it (and don't do that lightly ).