Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: viper 10x44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    yes or mil dot depends what you order
    Thanks for the info....i prefer mil dot...i think i will be getting one, fix magnification is all i use.

Thumbs up

My 10x44 arrived today, lovely stuff! Popped it on to the S400, zeroed up - no problems, although I didn't see any "upgraded" mounts, I'll contact MTC after they get back from Poland.
    A great addition to the MTC family!

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    My 10x44 arrived today, lovely stuff! Popped it on to the S400, zeroed up - no problems, although I didn't see any "upgraded" mounts, I'll contact MTC after they get back from Poland.
    A great addition to the MTC family!
    I have also set it to 25 yard parallax but at 8 it is less blurred than the 3-12, certainly not clear, at 10 and 12, probably quite a lot better, will check longer ranges on range tomorrow. Is it physically possible for a 44mm objective scope at 10x to have a sharp(ish) depth of field from say 8 to 45 yards? Must say though that a bit of blur at longer ranges does help with rangefinding if you know how much blur at your set ranges.
    Rog

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Picked mine up today i am going to be using it in anger tomorrow at LV so i shall see how it fairs then

Don ......

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I have also set it to 25 yard parallax but at 8 it is less blurred than the 3-12, certainly not clear, at 10 and 12, probably quite a lot better, will check longer ranges on range tomorrow. Is it physically possible for a 44mm objective scope at 10x to have a sharp(ish) depth of field from say 8 to 45 yards? Must say though that a bit of blur at longer ranges does help with rangefinding if you know how much blur at your set ranges.
    Rog
    Just christened my new 10x44 with its first tree rat, conveniently (according to the parallax scale) at 15 yards, my primary zero. Beautiful sight picture at that range, a huge great glassy eye filling the objective lens, and a twitchy, tufty ear to sight on, crisp contrast and then a JSB between eye and ear! If only HFT was this easy!

Rog

I have driven over to Blackpool to pick up a 10x44 viper today. The first lot are £149 which seems cheap for such a good scope. Now I'm waiting for the damn rain to stop so I can go in the garden and zero it.

Gary C Guest
    Setting up tips.

1. Ignore the numbers on the parallax dial. Whoever put them on has obviously had too much rice wine or my eyes are shot to pieces

2. I find about 40 yards on the dial works for me

3. This allows me to rangefind 40 and 45 by the haze on the view.

MAKE SURE YOUR EYE IS ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE OR IT WILL WHITE OUT AND YOU WILL GET PARALLAX ERROR

4. Check 17 yards - will be clear - this is where you start to need hold under fo rnormal targets

5. 14 to 17 yards hazy to start of blur - aim on unless it's a 15mm kill

6. If it's blurred either aim at the top of the target if its blurreb but long - if it's reet blurred like and dead close give it 1.5 mil dots

The only problem targets are the 13-15 yard 15mm kills. Go practice them, if find squinting helps

Great Tips Gary - thanks!!

Got my Viper zero'ed at the weekend - and mighty pleased with it I am too....

Only problem now is the rifle won't fit in my gunslip OR my flambeau case as the turrets on both sides of the scope make the combo to wide!!

Just seen that JSR have a nice rectangular slip in for 14.95!!

Dunk

Can somebody that has a 10X44 take a picture of their reticule as it will help me greatly on deciding which one to order. Unfortunately i am buying it blind, so i cannot go and pick one up to see what i will be getting.
    Thank you very much.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Have a look here m8 there is plenty of pics for you to see

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...340&uid=530766

Don ......

viper

should have seen me mate

Thanks for the photos....it helped me a lot

zooankski Guest
    does the 10 x 44 have an illuminated ret?

Gary C Guest
    YES indeedy

No rain today so zeroed it after work. I will[ weather permitting] be able to test it on some knockdowns and spinners out to 55 yards at the club tomorrow. After reading previous reports I thought the mounts would be useless, but they are quite capable of doing the job on a pcp and no doubt on a springer. I'll most likely get some better mounts in the future, but these will do fine for now.