Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: viper 10x44

Can somebody that has a 10X44 take a picture of their reticule as it will help me greatly on deciding which one to order. Unfortunately i am buying it blind, so i cannot go and pick one up to see what i will be getting.
    Thank you very much.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Have a look here m8 there is plenty of pics for you to see

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...340&uid=530766

Don ......

viper

should have seen me mate

Thanks for the photos....it helped me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I have also set it to 25 yard parallax but at 8 it is less blurred than the 3-12, certainly not clear, at 10 and 12, probably quite a lot better, will check longer ranges on range tomorrow. Is it physically possible for a 44mm objective scope at 10x to have a sharp(ish) depth of field from say 8 to 45 yards? Must say though that a bit of blur at longer ranges does help with rangefinding if you know how much blur at your set ranges.
    Rog
    Just christened my new 10x44 with its first tree rat, conveniently (according to the parallax scale) at 15 yards, my primary zero. Beautiful sight picture at that range, a huge great glassy eye filling the objective lens, and a twitchy, tufty ear to sight on, crisp contrast and then a JSB between eye and ear! If only HFT was this easy!

Rog

I have driven over to Blackpool to pick up a 10x44 viper today. The first lot are £149 which seems cheap for such a good scope. Now I'm waiting for the damn rain to stop so I can go in the garden and zero it.

Gary C Guest
    Setting up tips.

1. Ignore the numbers on the parallax dial. Whoever put them on has obviously had too much rice wine or my eyes are shot to pieces

2. I find about 40 yards on the dial works for me

3. This allows me to rangefind 40 and 45 by the haze on the view.

MAKE SURE YOUR EYE IS ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE OR IT WILL WHITE OUT AND YOU WILL GET PARALLAX ERROR

4. Check 17 yards - will be clear - this is where you start to need hold under fo rnormal targets

5. 14 to 17 yards hazy to start of blur - aim on unless it's a 15mm kill

6. If it's blurred either aim at the top of the target if its blurreb but long - if it's reet blurred like and dead close give it 1.5 mil dots

The only problem targets are the 13-15 yard 15mm kills. Go practice them, if find squinting helps

Great Tips Gary - thanks!!

Got my Viper zero'ed at the weekend - and mighty pleased with it I am too....

Only problem now is the rifle won't fit in my gunslip OR my flambeau case as the turrets on both sides of the scope make the combo to wide!!

Just seen that JSR have a nice rectangular slip in for 14.95!!

Dunk

zooankski Guest
    does the 10 x 44 have an illuminated ret?

Gary C Guest
    YES indeedy

No rain today so zeroed it after work. I will[ weather permitting] be able to test it on some knockdowns and spinners out to 55 yards at the club tomorrow. After reading previous reports I thought the mounts would be useless, but they are quite capable of doing the job on a pcp and no doubt on a springer. I'll most likely get some better mounts in the future, but these will do fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zooankski View Post
    does the 10 x 44 have an illuminated ret?
    Hi Marc,

I'm hoping to get down to Shepreth on 6th May (probably to join, if you'll have me). I can bring my 10x44 viper with me if you can wait that long?

Cheers

Dunk

Picked mine up from Blackpool Air Rifles today.

Mounted it on my HFT gun but found the mounts would not tighten on the rails. No problem, just filed a mm off the face of the mount where the tapped hole is and they clamp up fine. Look well sturdy enough for a PCP.

The reticle must be about the most practical for airgun use I've seen. Normally I use the crosshairs and hold over/under. Now into mil dots and part mil dots.

Filed a nail down to fit the little holes to tighten the lens covers up when I should have RTFM
    Overall the scope looks tremendous value for money and I'm looking forward to setting it up and working out the range points.

So far very impressed.

ATB
    Ray.

Zeroed at the club tonight.
    Windage two clicks out Elevation half a turn (6 thou shim under rear mount)

Reset turret scales to zero and locked off.

Our indoor range at 40 yds although lit can show poor scopes up. This MTC is as good as any scope I have, regards light, that includes a Leup MFR (larger one) and is equal to the small EFR Leup.

Adjustable PA was handy for checking at 10 yds and 40 yds to ensure no crossover.

Only have to check for best fixed PA position outside and then sorted.

Also checked the numbers on the PA wheel against a Laser range finder and on my scope they're pretty accurate.(out to 50 yds)
    No way am I a scope expert but this one is excellent to my eyes. (going dim)

Would I buy another. Yes if I needed one.

ATB
    Ray.

I just put a 10x44 on my HMR, replacing the 3-12x44 (another cracking bit of kit) because I was using 10x most of the time so this simplyfies things, again great optics at a bargain price and same SCB ret, the brightness wipes the floor with the old Tasco Super Sniper 10x we used to rave about, I like the fact your eye needs to be in exactly the right place to see properly, it was easy to get it mounted so that my eye is in right place naturally

Zeroed at 100yds in half a dozen clicks, and I know the aim points to 250yds, another excellent scope from MTC

Baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/