Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawke scopes

Thumbs down Hawke scopes

Hi
    Had my Hawke mil dot 6.5-20x50AOIR Nite-eye for about 12 weeks, supposed to be fogproof, waterproof and shockproof and rated for spring guns .

Firstly dirt appeared on inside, black spots on inside ocular lens. Then it started rattling as my HW97k shook everything loose, even the lenses came loose. Contacted a well known air rifle shop in Blackpool, was told that quite a few Hawke scopes had experienced similar problems .

Mil dot reticle quite nice but Gorilla's hands needed to turn on IR, as very tight overall not good value. At £160+mounts+sunshade+flip up covers

Optics never seamed as clear as MTC or Simmons, worth paying extra £40 or so for MTC as comes with mounts, flip up covers and sun shade.

Maybe somebody has had similar experience with Hawke
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back
    prostalk,varmint 2, sr6 all the rest totall crap

Hawke

Might just be a friday afternoon scope

Ive 2 sidewinder scopes and I couldnt be happier with them

Hawke

Did you get it replaced ? thought they had at least a 10 year guarantee & some the limited lifetime warranty. Never had a problem with my 'reflex' model.

Cheers, John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast
    Hawke pro-stalk 4-14x50. Had it a few years. Its spent time on Daystate 177, HMR and .22lr. No problems.

Thumbs down zero change

Quote Originally Posted by elmer-fudd View Post
    Hawke pro-stalk 4-14x50. Had it a few years. Its spent time on Daystate 177, HMR and .22lr. No problems.
    My shooting partner has a hawke night eye and when we were out the other night the zero kept changing to the extent that the up/down turet was to the max and it was still shooting low at 50 yards but then it changed again we checked all the obvious things like scope mount ect but its still not helping very off puting and frustraiting
    CZ .22lr parker hale mod 10 round mag
    12g o/u renato gamba d/t n/e
    HW98 .22 air rifle

A brave man likes the feel of the rain on his face but a wise man knows when to get out of it

my toys

My NV scope with ir illuminator
    [img=http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/604/mytoys005hy9.th.jpg]

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblue View Post
    My shooting partner has a hawke night eye and when we were out the other night the zero kept changing to the extent that the up/down turet was to the max and it was still shooting low at 50 yards but then it changed again we checked all the obvious things like scope mount ect but its still not helping very off puting and frustraiting
    Must be a problem with the night eyes. Pepperdog said his was a nighteye. I cant complain about the pro stalk, its always been completely reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Did you get it replaced ? thought they had at least a 10 year guarantee & some the limited lifetime warranty. Never had a problem with my 'reflex' model.

Cheers, John
    Hi
    sent it back, hoping to get a replacement. Supposed to have 10 year limited warranty, whatever that means. Could mean it will get replaced if they feel like it. Got it mail order from a place in Horsham(a*******direct, after 28 days all liability is down to manufacturer . Service not as good as place in Blackpool that we all know.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi
    sent it back, hoping to get a replacement. Supposed to have 10 year limited warranty, whatever that means. Could mean it will get replaced if they feel like it. Got it mail order from a place in Horsham(a*******direct, after 28 days all liability is down to manufacturer
    Crap - from: http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page38311.html

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract

AND

If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)

You just need to be confident and explain its down to them.

HTH,

Darren.
    Wildcat .177 / Daystate AirWolf MCT / Daystate Mk3 / BSA Ultra / AA S200
    Last few good deals - MANY - search my history

Hi
    thanks for the link, very informative

Regards Martin

i had a hawke scope that was nicknamed down the club as 'bannana scope' they eye piece was so bent it was crazy. im not a fan of the hawke range although i have seen some reasonable ones ive seen more crap ones
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

as andyblue said we were lamping the other night and the scope was everywhere i checked everything but to no avail. i have always said that i was not keen on that hawke scope as i have another one which i find perfect so i might just swap them over!!. but i am dissapointed that it was not as good!! oh well might buy another wtc they are great
    stone the crows!!!!!!!!!!!

P.A.A.S
    (pike anglers alliance for scotland)

Cool

simmons every time good quality reliable and dependable everybody knows hawk are crap they?

Thumbs up

Can't fault them, I have 2, both Milpro's though, Owned Nite eyes, SR's, etc most of the range,

Hawke have a ten year personal warranty........
    The benefits of having a good liberal education are the ability to understand and appreciate other cultures And the means to live as far away from them as possible.