Thread: .36 pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.36 pistol

as stated earlier i am after a secondhand revolver...any recomendations for any particular model and why..does not have to hit anything as i cannot

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Hmmm....

When I was interested in b/p I reseached the issue of what is the best revolver and it seems that the Ruger Old Army .45 (NOT .44, this is important for your FAC slot) is by far the best design/engineering choice as it is essentially a modern design, plus it is made of stainless steel. It is very accurate, nice trigger (after a bit of tweaking) and clear sights, and has alot of oomph so you can shoot it at 50 yards.

However, it is not eligible for most competitions apart from the 'free' class so that is something to watch out for.

The .36s are a bit disappointing, they don't produce quite the same blast of sparks and burning wadding and a decent size boom. If they fireworks aren't there you might as well buy a nice airpistol instead methinks, as most of your time as a blackpowder shooter will be spent cleaning and loading your gun you want to get as much fun per 'bang' as possible IMHO.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 28-05-2007 at 04:50 PM.

rugers are great but out of my price range as all i want is noise and smoke plus cheap

Reminngton 1st
    Rogers and spencer 2nd
    Colt 3rd

would be my choice target wise.

for aesthetics colt.

Its a bit like choosing a motorbike Honda or Yamaha for function cheap usage but a Harley for beauty.
    Last edited by Smokeless Coal; 28-05-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    For flames and fireworks why not get a 0.56 cal single shot pistol? Ideal for duelling if someone disses your lady.

already got a remmie .44 target just have 2 slots to fill