Thread: JSR 3 - 9 x 50 PX Adj Pro Red / Green Illuminated Mildot

JSR 3 - 9 x 50 PX Adj Pro Red / Green Illuminated Mildot

Hello!

Ordered this on Tuesday morning and it arrived Wednesday just after midday so I was very pleased with the speed!

It was well packaged and came with a few extras; flip up lens covers, sun shade, 2 batteries for the illumination as well as a cleaning cloth and allen keys + milldot/range finding and zeroing guide.

1 hour before the scope arrived I had been in my local RFD picking up my brand spanking AA S410 Classic .177 so it was fitted instantly I used a set of hawke medium mounts and was at first worried that it wouldn't fit. It did, but only just, about 5mm between the bell and the barrel and about 3mm between the bottom of the scope tube and the magazine. Tight, but as the mag loads sideways, no problems.

Build Quality; Very good, feels solid, nice strong 'clicks' from the turret, and the allenkey turret locking function is very handy and easy. The PX ring/mag rings are all nice and tight, taking a healthy amount of resistance to turn but their not too stiff. Weighty but not too heavy, reassuringly weighted you could say

Look through; Nice and clear, good, sharp milldots and easily setup to your preference. Only thing I would say is that the eye relief could be a little too short for some people, its fine for me, but could be uncomfortable for some. Crisp from 5 yards out the 50 (my garden isn't too big so I can't say about anything over 50 but other reviews say the JSR's are good to 'infinity')

Illumination; Green or red, 5 power settings for each. The light can blur the milldots at the highest setting if your eye piece isn’t tweaked a bit but after that its fine, and works as well/looks as good as a standard scope when the light is turned off.

Athstetics; Looks very good, looks like it will be able to take a few knocks. Its finished very nicely and all the markings on the turrets and rings are clear and easy to read.

Operation; Obviously the rifle it was going on was new to me also so I expected having a mare of a time doing a zero. However it was zeroed nearly pellet on pellet at the length of my garden, approx 25yards (if not for my shooting hehe, I'm so out of practice) within a magazine (10 shots, so a good testament to the S410's accuracy as well).

Conclusion; Very glad I bought it, I did consider the 6-24 JSR model but I think that may of made the S410 a bit heavy along with everything else that’s going to be fitted. For £60 I don't think you could buy a better scope of the same spec. It was slightly larger than I had thought it was going to be and it did look for a second like it wasn’t going to fit with medium mounts but in the end all was well.

Would recommend to anyone!

Nick.

jsr 3-9 x50 PX Adj pro Red/Green Illuminated Mildot

Bought one of these delivery great sight looks the biz The problem is with the adjustment whatever done cant get on zero tried packing front to gain more elevation but still poor suppliers suggest packing back scope ring not front anyone tried this and succeeded?

Quote Originally Posted by laurenball47@nt View Post
    Bought one of these delivery great sight looks the biz The problem is with the adjustment whatever done cant get on zero tried packing front to gain more elevation but still poor suppliers suggest packing back scope ring not front anyone tried this and succeeded?
    ive packed the back scope ring on to of my scopes worked a treat
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Smile

Ceers mate done that and it worked a treat