Thread: Brunswick Rifle Questions.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know the Brunswick but by all accounts it is an antique and if you do not intend to fire it can be held as such without a licence.

If you intend to fire it, then it would need to be licenced relative to the barrel, if smooth bore then as a shot gun under sec 2 if rifled then as a sec 1 firearm.

A muzzle loader barrel can be bought so long as it is not chambered for a cartridge. You might find something suitable from Track of the wolf. Along with a breech plug and drum. Import would be very hard though.

Would it still be an antique? Possibly you are after all just carrying out a restoration.

It's never going to be 100% original so perhaps it would be best put together as a firer. You would be hard pushed to get a .704 barrel so i would suggest take it down to .577.
    Last edited by Smokeless Coal; 03-06-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane