well,first impressions: if size is anything to go by, this would really impress the girlies! It's huge!

i've taken my Schmidt 8x56 off the .17 HMR 'cos I wanted to put it on the .243 and needed something with a bit more magnification for not too much money.

So, attached the scope and off I went to zero it in....... Haven't bothered with the sunshade at the moment. Quick boresight at 35 yards, set the scope to about 10x mag, then fired the first round. dead on vertically, just needed bringing up about 4 inches.

After another 5 shots, she was pretty much smack on. moved the target to about 100 yards and fired another 5 rounds. Decided to move it right 1 click then set off up the farm to tackle the bunnies.

Took 6 rabbits in about half an hour, the closest was about 30 yards, whilst the furthest was 147 yards [rangefinder]. i found the scope to be nice and clear 'till quite late on in the evening. The reticle is nice and fine, not sure about the mildots though? first mildot scope I've had and, as far as shooting the .17 goes, I can't quite see what good the spacing between the dots is going to do me?

took it up to about 16x mag for one of the shots as i had a nice gatepost to lean on. Visibility still very acceptable, though the FOV was very limited, I found. Still, the rabbits do look like nice, big targets at that magnification!

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it. It's not in the same class as the Schmidt but, what can you expect for the money? It does the job it's designed to do without too much trouble. i was pleasantly surprised really.