Thread: Webley Mk2 Target find in USA

Webley Mk2 Target find in USA

This one turned up in a garage sale in the US (posted on the yellow forum):

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Wow! What a find ! Oggling over however, now its question time. What is the difference between the MkI and MkII Target though? Is it just that the MkII Target has a slightly longer barrel? Also, was the MkII Target ever available as a standard spec factory pistol in .22 because I was told by one person it was not, but have a friend who swears blind he has a MkII Target in .22 and although as yet I have not seen it, he is a good guy and wouldn't lie (but could he be mistaken ). I've a v-vgc un-fettled pre-war straight grip .22 MkI which cost me the best part of ... ahh-ha, not going to say ... but what sort of price should someone realistically be expected to pay for a v-vgc Target MkII in either cal please? Finally were later MkII Targets available as slant grip models, and if so were these available pre and post war, or just post ? Reckon the main men, Pat and Troubledshooter will be the oracles to consult here, although all and any information will be greatly received and appreciated . Atb: Gareth.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 19-07-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: to ad extra question about slant-grip variants.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

A very nice find, particularly with the parts lists, instructions,ticket and labels.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Lovely!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Wow! What a find ! Oggling over however, now its question time. What is the difference between the MkI and MkII Target though? Is it just that the MkII Target has a slightly longer barrel? Also, was the MkII Target ever available as a standard spec factory pistol in .22 because I was told by one person it was not, but have a friend who swears blind he has a MkII Target in .22 and although as yet I have not seen it, he is a good guy and wouldn't lie (but could he be mistaken ). I have a v-vgc un-fettled pre-war straight grip .22 MkI which cost me the best part of ... ahh-ha, not going to say ... but what sort of price should someone realistically be expected to pay for a v-vgc Target MkII in either cal please? Finally were later MkII Targets available as slant grip models, and if so were these available pre and post war, or just post ? Reckon the main men, Pat and Troubledshooter will be the oracles to consult here, although all and any information will be greatly received and appreciated . Atb: Gareth.
    ... Anyone able to answer these questions as above for me please ... ?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth
    I will pop over mumsies this week and take a pic for you to verify exactly what it is.
    Overcome with decorating at the mo.and under pressure to complete.

Neil
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

beartrainer5150 Guest

MK II 4 Sale

Im the proud owner of this lovely piece. I been going nutz trying to figure the value of her. The best Ive been able to come up with has been in blue book it looks to me it is is in the $600 US dollar range but it doesnt give a value with all the original paperwork. Its in good firing condition,box is tattered,all original papers, screws are in good condition and minor wear on it. For its age its in exellent condition. Im willing to take offers on it if there is intrest. beartrainer5150@yahoo.com

What's the serial number ?

beartrainer5150 Guest
    serial #29829 and it says something about U.S Agents on it.

A little bit [very] special.With those grips

a Stoeger Mk11 Target special import and not many about. Solely for the US market and I bet Troubledshooter will be in bidding mode very shortly, if not already.
    Richard

As if......

My offer has been accepted, so subject to payment and carriage being sorted, it will be another very welcome addition to my collection.
    Anybody going to San Diego in the near future.?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    My offer has been accepted, so subject to payment and carriage being sorted, it will be another very welcome addition to my collection.
    Anybody going to San Diego in the near future.?
    ... Superb David, absolutely superb ... Many congratulations: said pistol is going to a most deserving home indeed . Atvb: Gareth.

great find!

Dave,you just keep on striking gold!Trev

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Nice one David.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut