Thread: period silencer advise please

period silencer advise please

Could anyone please tell me what would be considered a period silencer for an AIR ARMS JACKAL? better still, where i could find two of them? thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

can anyone help?

DJ.. Guest
    My Jackal has a conical 'flash suppressor' and my Camargue has a blued steel barrel weight which was fitted to the wooden stocked AA sidelevers as standard when the open sights where not fitted- dont think they were fitted with a silencer as standard but the Webley Pro-fit, Hushpower etc. were often retro-fitted.

How about the Air Logic Whisperer?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Silencers were not used very much in the late 1970s when the Jackal came onto the market.

You could get one made by a company called Galway but I don't think they made one for the Jackal. People just didn't use them in those days.

In any case, the Jackal had a very noisy action as I remember, and this noise was ampified by the plastic stock. A silencer would have made no difference to this, and reducing the small amount of muzzle blast from this springer would barely be noticed. As a teenager it was more impressive to have a gun which made a good muzzle report, much as we fitted illegally noisy Micron exhaust systems to our two-stroke motorbikes. They probably didn't go faster but they SOUNDED like they did, and the noisy Jackal sounded impressively powerful.

Thanks alot for the replies fellas. i think i remember the hushpowers actually. i think i had one on a sharp innova that used an adapter that an engineer friend of the family made. i shall keep my eyes out for any of these.
    thanks again.

For a barrel end (not a silencer) try Elmor Fudd (Jason).

He rattles them up out of black plastic so they look like they came with the gun.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Or next time your up at Rivvi have words with Jim Edge (heres there most every meeting). He will make one up to your individual rifle and to your spec. in a variety of finishes.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian, i'll be up at Rivi in September when i'm home next. i've just bought one of Jim's silencers from Perry (targetzero) for one of my other rifles. i couldnt believe how quiet Jim's Rapid was with one of his silencers on it.
    see you in Sept and thanks for the advice.
    ATB
    DAVE