Thread: For Sale .177 Bonehill Britannia - Break Barrel Type

For Sale .177 Bonehill Britannia - Break Barrel Type

.177 Cox's Patent Bonehill Britannia, in first class condition.
    Lots of blue, fading to smooth brown patina. Very tight and positive action, with no wear. Excellent screw heads, rifled barrel, desirable "see saw" rear sight. Nice walnut stock with no cracks, two power settings.
    This rifle has seen very little use and has been well looked after over the years. Very smart Bonehill.
    Will get some pics up tomorrow in daylight.

£450 including recorded insured postage, can travel reasonable distance for face to face deal.

Last edited by silva; 31-07-2007 at 10:41 PM.

im counting my money//

bonehill

yes please you have a pm

Pics now added - Emsill has first dibs !

The guns finish is much darker blue and brown in real life, than shown in the pics.
    Also the finish is more even. It must be something to do with the way the camera picks up light.
    The computer lost the first set of images somehow and I had to do these quickly while there was still some light, plus the midges were biting hard.
    I have tried to keep any reflection off the gun as it is very differcult to ascertain condition then.

If you open the action, the little spring that retains the barrel catch, is a recentish replacement (pre 1975), I know this as it sat in the previous owners gun cabinet for over 25 years. Bill Harriman examined this rifle at a BASC roadshow a number of years ago and remarked on its excellent condition.
    Last edited by silva; 31-07-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Hello .

If this sale falls through , which I doubt , can I have second rerfusal , please ?

Regards,

Sam 99

Cool Bonehill Reigns

BONEHILL ENTHUSIASTS can see mine for sale on http://www.picturetrail.com/abewilson

It is not in original condition due to the fact that I gave it the once over with wire wool when I bought it from Pax Airguns in 1980... . REGISTERED NO. 394207 the walnut stock was given a coat of clear varnish On sale now for £500.00 it is complete but a butt plate screw has gone awol I may come across it somewhere in the loft Would like buyer to collect if possible having cosseted it for 27 years I feel I owe it that
    abewilson
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'