Thread: Tell me about the Feinwerkbau 150

Tell me about the Feinwerkbau 150

I have a 300 now, and have seen pics of the 150. Its cocking lever looks longer than the 300 series. Is this correct. Is is still on a recoiless ststem? What discipline was it designed for? I notice the stock is more sporter based. Is the trigger the same as the 300 series? interested on any info, and are they few and far between, quite fancy one. Many thanks, Mark

Ask Bankrobber!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Hi, do you have a 300, or do you have a 300s or variant of a 300s?

Tha 150 was designed as a training rifle for 50m at 10m I believe. There are a few stock designs including a tyrolean. the rifle does have a longer cocking lever as does the 300. There was no barrel sleeve or weight on the 150, it had a one piece mainspring, some of the trigger blades were none adjustable too but not all! The 300s was just improvements over the basic 150 design.
    Dave
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

I agree with wonkey donkey,
    The 150 was really the forerunner of the 300 series....

As said, the 150 was the forerunner of the 300 and 300S and was made roughly from January 1963 to 1969 though some might have been sold after that. It was the first sledge action semi-recoilless gun, first patented in 1961.

At the same time as the 150 was produced, a recoiling version of it, the 110 was also launched. Very few were made and they are rare collector's items now.

The 150 had a lovely sporter style stock, with Tyrolean or standard cheekpiece and hand carved pistol grip instead of the stippling of later guns.

The 150 barrel was almost 3 inches shorter than the 300 but the 300S barrel was about the same length as the 150.

It was lighter at the muzzle than the later guns, more like the 300S Junior model, though a full length barrel weight was available for it as an optioinal extra. The cocking lever was longer than the 300 and 300S levers and had a car door-type latch. The 300 lever was about 2 inches shorter with a similar latch and the 300S was shorter still with a simple push down latch.

The 150 feels quite similar to shoot to the 300S. The main improvement in the later gun was the trigger, plus the single spring was replaced with double springs.

FWB 150s come up for sale quite often on egun.de but many of them are ex-club guns and well used.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi, thanks for all the info. Never looked on the german site mentioned, but certainly will. Anyone dealt with any particular reliable traders on there? I have a 300s with barrel sleeve, dont know if this was optional extra or standard? Regards, Mark

When you've found your way through the minefield (sic) of actually joining egun, come back and ask your question again as this thread will have sunk by then