170. You may not vote on this poll
  • PCP

81 47.65%
  • SPRINGER

89 52.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pcp V Springer

Target Shooting.

I would vote if I could vote for both. I like to use both Springer & P.C.P.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Mike got his HW77 so long-a-go that AirArms probably didn't exist and he's just stuck with the one make ever since.

Jonathan

I was just upgrading from my longbow,(the arrows cost too much).
    I think Air Arms(to be) were making military style rifles at the time,good fun but not as good as my FWB127 or the HW77.That made an immediate impression, was so far ahead of its time then, that even now """other manufacturers"""are copying it..Hans got it right first time.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Why, Springers of course

Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
    Why, Springers of course
    No pcp of course
    The best things come to those who wait !

If it AA rep u want you cant beat the TX200

Feinwrk Dave Guest
    Springers.......
    S200 feels cheap n nasty compared to fwb 300s....old vs new...old wins,
    pcp vs springer.....springer wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_1 View Post
    Now the springers are pushing in front.
    But no AA fans?
    Does this mean its The germans yet again
    I'm shooting a fluorescent pink TX200HC in the NEFTA winter league. I'd been shooting FT with a Walther Dominator solidly for the previous 2 years. Its a refreshing and welcome change to shoot the TX, i'm just about managing to maintain AA grade with "Pinky", a lot of satisfaction can be gained from putting in decent scores with a springer, i can only imagine what it feels like to be pipped by a bright pink springer

I cant fault the HC, easily as accurate as anything i've shot.

The poll results make me laugh though, they're simply not reflective of the % of people who shoot FT/HFT with a springer.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The poll results make me laugh though, they're simply not reflective of the % of people who shoot FT/HFT with a springer.
    Agree with you martin, i'm amazed at HFT comps when i chat to youngsters, how few have ever shot a springer! I dont know if this poll is attracting mainly springer users, or its like when people say ' cant beat the old cars, carbs, rear wheel drive, no power steering so you can really feel what the cars doing', but would'nt think of ever running one on a daily basis, prefering a modern front wheel drive, with power steering, A/C etc. I'll add that I am a springer user, and compete with one, so you know where my votes going. I will add ' tuned springer' as a proviso, though

Raptor13 Guest
    Well I do find springers more "fun" to shoot,over pcp's..

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I agree.

I shoot a HW97k but at my club most people compete using pcp's.
    I only got into this game 12 months ago and everyone, and i mean everyone advised me to buy a pcp if i was gona be entering any comps.

It depends on how much time you've got to perfecting your technique and the distances you shoot over. I shoot shotguns for most of the year,but use an s200 for pest control in the summer. I use .177 zeroed at 30M which means everything between 15 and 35M is a "aim & fire" headshot, with no concern over hold over/under. I have a .22 springer for close ratting (zeroed @10M). The thing is, I don't have time anymore to practice my air rifle shooting. A spring air rifle is the most difficult "firearm" in the world to shoot well consistently. Tuning helps immensely, but you still have to shoot every week and work at it, it is much more rewarding (as a sport), but if you need to kill vermin, then a pcp (s200 is as good as any....CZ are one of the finest firearm manufacturers at any price....the accuracy of their 22rf and .17hmrs really is fantastic and they are incredibly cheap) is the way to go IMHO

open tin of worms......and runs away

Get with the 21 century people put the springers away with your betamax's
    8 tracks tape players and your 78s records

At last someone stands on his box for a PCP.....But hold on...11 posts and no factual constructive comment in his post?
    Sounds like an embarassment to you PCP owners

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    While I shoot and enjoy BOTH, I voted pcp as I reckon I'm still more likely to win (or get ever sloer to it) using my S400 than the Prosport.

Might agree with comments about wider grin if won using a boinger after you've been there and done it with both types, BUT until I have my first win (other than on my home turf), I am very confident that regardless of which gun I'm using that day, the HUGE grin will be forthcoming.

Biggles - ever hopefull of
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member