Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTC Mamba

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky610 View Post
    You will be changing it very soon then cos how ya gonna take 150 yard bunnies with 6x mag? I run my hmr on 16x mag.

You may well shoot on 16x, however dont make the mistake of thinking lower mag restricts range, I shot a 265yd Rabbit using 6x on my Mamba

Its all to do with the quality of the glass and the size of the crosshairs, or dot in this case
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Glad to hear that the scope is doing its job Marty
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Glad to hear that the scope is doing its job Marty
    Baz you just know i'm going to be bending your arm intent on another MTC deal...maybe a years supply of pest control service/products?

I shot a 265yd Rabbit using 6x on my Mamba
    Baz, that's a bl££dy big rabbit, how many curries did you get out of it??
    Regards,
    Dave.

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    You may well shoot on 16x, however dont make the mistake of thinking lower mag restricts range, I shot a 265yd Rabbit using 6x on my Mamba

Its all to do with the quality of the glass and the size of the crosshairs, or dot in this case
    Your right it doesn't restrict range it just makes it a little more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Not picking on this particular post or the chap who posted it.

This is an example of something I see a lot when people talk about MTC scopes; there's often a reference to 'price' 'value' etc. Yes the scopes are priced 'well', but why is it some people are very quick to assume they are good 'only for the money'

In my opinion, for what it's worth I think MTC have fuct up here (despite the huge sales and popularity of the range) entering the scopes in the price bracket that they have. This gives some people the opinion that the Viper and Mamba are 'budget end' scopes. In some ways if the scopes had another £200 -300 on top I feel more people would take them seriously for what they are VERY good scopes full stop!
    Yet you do.

Anyway, this is a ridiculous post. Isn't the worth of anything subjective to its price? No-one would say that any £200 or even £400 scope was necessarily absolutely worth of the value of say a £1,500 S&B (extreme example to make the point). Everything in life is subjective. I really get the feeling Jamie from previous posts that you have an issue with people who buy more expensive things. Happy to be proved wrong.
    Last edited by C3PO_1; 17-10-2007 at 09:14 PM.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Gary C Guest
    C'mon chaps.

Let me bask in the glory of a positive review without a cat fight

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Gary you know my feelings about this bloke, please wind yer neck in eh!
    Jamie

Hi Jamie
    I know how you feel about each other, however I am appealing to you both to take it outside and not fight in my lounge. In this case I fully agree with your statement re. the scopes and C3PO is out of order to have a pop.
    On the other hand, I was being polite and laid back. If I'm not TOALLY mistaken, you 2 raging bullocks are the long necked ones

Mtc

MTC fitted to Timber wolf as std equipment nuf said.