Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Mamba

manba

hi i purchased 2 of these scopes at midland game fair sunday good helpful people to deal with.
    Im sure you wont get more for your money elseware you can look at them on web at MTC OPTICS.

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    S&B are the only scopes with their own league IMO something to do with crystals or something

As for 90% of the Elite 4200, you are nearly correct, I actually know its 100% though I had a chap round here a week or two ago who repairs scopes for some companies that shall remain nameless but take it from me they were very expensive but not European

He told me a few things about glass which went into techno mode, most went over my head but he rated the MTC glass as better than a make whos range starts just under a grand and exceeds it by several hundred

I was testing two rifles yesterday, one a brand new Tikka that shoots like a shotgun had a Leupold LR, the other a Howa fitted with a Mamba, to my eyes the Mamba snuffed the Leupold at 1-200yds I was shooting and the Howa slaughtered the Tikka in accuracy, not bad for the cheaper end of the market
    That explains the Nikon honcho who was poking around the MTC stall on Saturday.
    I would never have known who he was, until Sammie told me that he'd visited them twice to check their range out.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Baz.... was that a Lamb Tikka, or a Chicken Tikka you were checking out?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Baz.... was that a Lamb Tikka, or a Chicken Tikka you were checking out?

Gus
    More of an Old Dog Tikka Gus
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

just read the write up in shooting sports magazine ....sounds impressive
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    just read the write up in shooting sports magazine ....sounds impressive

If I may be so bold as to educate the writer, Ian Davis a tiny bit..

Removable IR serves 2 purposes:

1. Modular design allows replacement of defectives without removing and re-zeroing the rifle. I/R rheostats are statistically one of the weakest parts of any IR scope.

2. Modular design allows removal to fit an NV cage attachment.

If he'd only asked eh?...

I saw the review too, thought it was good. I did wonder too about why remove the IR bit, but it makes sense now.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

how about a mamba without the ir....just a thought
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    how about a mamba without the ir....just a thought
    The basic design has no I/R and our budgeting and pricing was based on non-I/R. Unbelievable as it seems our aim is to provide better value for UK customers so we added I/R, Mounts and sunshade out of our margin to provide the best VFM. To add 3 more skus is not practical and in all honesty the vast majority appreciate the I/R as an option.

Remember that the vast majority of shooters are sheep and would sooner have a big name brand that's junk than one of ours. We are Johnny nobody and as such the shops wont stock their shelves with our goods hence the reason for a limited product range.

Lloyd of B.A.R and Tony Belas have been invaluable to us in helping with design input and forecasting

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    The basic design has no I/R and our budgeting and pricing was based on non-I/R. Unbelievable as it seems our aim is to provide better value for UK customers so we added I/R, Mounts and sunshade out of our margin to provide the best VFM. To add 3 more skus is not practical and in all honesty the vast majority appreciate the I/R as an option.

Remember that the vast majority of shooters are sheep and would sooner have a big name brand that's junk than one of ours. We are Johnny nobody and as such the shops wont stock their shelves with our goods hence the reason for a limited product range.

Lloyd of B.A.R and Tony Belas have been invaluable to us in helping with design input and forecasting
    Hi Gary ... I'd admire your focus and commitment to the customer, particularly as it is costing you £££s on the margin front! I'll pay dividends I'm sure.

I suppose it is inevitable that people are going to go with big name brands because their minds it is those that are "tried and tested" by market forces. Maybe some do buy junk but I suspect they look through them first and hope that they're not!

I'm surprised by the attitude of the shops because in terms of media focus, you get some get great attention in write-ups in lots of magazines. What's been the attitude of the American market? That's where the big bucks will be.

Like anything, it all boils down to advertising and marketing largely when it comes to shifting gear [as long as the product is at least good] and the big companies can afford to do that.

Have you ever thought about doing a promo video for your products and sticking it on YouTube (the tricky bit will be filming through the scope, but it's not impossible). Maybe base it around a hunting trip or something, to give it a bit of narrative. What's the most popular pellet / bullet choice today -- perhaps some kind of deal to stick a circular paper advert on the inside of the tin / bullet box. Just thinking aloud about getting exposure...
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast
    Most folk couldnt tell the difference between a good lower priced scope and a megabucks one, myself included. A mate showed me his new 600 quid Bushnell which was to go on his HMR. As much as it looked ok, i couldnt see a bit of difference optically from one of mine.
    I know theres a bit of pride of ownership with something expensive, but personally i`d sooner pay for a top quality underdog. Spend the difference on bullets.

I have the 3-12x44 Mamba and initial findings are superb!

Out of the box you get just what we have come to expect from MTC , a solid well built scope with all the extra's thrown in. Worthy of a mention are the new spec scope mounts...you would pay at least £25 to get mounts of this quality and they even have tape in the rings so the scope doesn't get marked.

Optics are bright and clear as with the Viper range ( same glass ) and i have opted for the 4A German ret which so far still has me smiling it has already accounted for 1 woodie & 1 squirrel today

I have bought this scope with a view to using it with my Merlin & Laser NV combo due to the low level turrets and can so far confirm that the cage will fit. I used electrical tape to build up the eye piece to the same height as the knurled fast focus ring and also provide a snug fit. The cage does not slide all the way on due to the raised IR "lip" but is only about 5mm shy.

I hope to get out and use the scope and NV tomorrow night so i'll let you know how i get on.

I know this has been said before but its true , when you open the box you are looking at a scope that can comfortably hold its own when compared to scopes 2 & 3 times its cost ( £184 ) and you don't have to spend even more cash getting quality mounts and metal flip up's!

Not had chance to use the IR in anger yet but can say it is very subtle on the dot , even on maximum setting it is nice and crisp with no blurring.

Another winner for MTC i think.

Cheers
    Simon.
    Theoben Fenman .22

Hi Ian

yes it has the ridge but not right up to the fast focus ring , from the end of the scope to the ridge is about 22mm.

Rain stopped play last night as regards actually getting out with the NV , but i am happy that the Merlin is mounted very securely so not considered taking the stanley knife to the adapter rings yet!

The IR is connected via 3 chunky "pins" , which push fit very snuggly into the body of the scope. I really like this addition and the illuminated dot ret has already paid dividends when shooting squirrels/pigeons in trees

Cheers
    Simon.
    Theoben Fenman .22

Piccies now up on the BAR website showing good detail of the removable IR

Cheers
    Simon
    Theoben Fenman .22

Quote Originally Posted by lspdog View Post
    Piccies now up on the BAR website showing good detail of the removable IR
    Link, please.