Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Mamba

Theoben Fenman .22

Thanks for the link. What I really want to see is a bit more detail of the scope with rheostat removed.

I think someone should make some badges for those that worry about what it says on their scopes, I stuck a Leupold hat badge on my Vipers side turret and a cammo sock over the rest of it, several club members looked through it and I heard them talking about the new Leup on Bazs 7mm STW and how fantastic the sight pic was, "Only leupold could come up with that ret"

I removed the cammo scope sock and told them it wasnt a Leup, but added that it cost £700 trade, they were even more impressed, then wouldnt believe the real price Mind you theres a few Vipers on their guns these days
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AHPP View Post
    Thanks for the link. What I really want to see is a bit more detail of the scope with rheostat removed.
    send us a mail and I'll send you some pics

Wink have u tried any

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
    Had a look through a bunch of these scopes yesterday at the MGF. Very nice optics. Target ret had me in 'raptures' ......

Have ordered some, and will test with NV ASAP.

I really hope they work with NV, lovely scopes.
    so then have u tried any of the scopes with a nv unit???????
    cheers me dears

Only one concern

I've a friend who has recently put a Mamber on his 10/22.

Lovely optics, the only thing i did'nt like was i could see the internal screws inside the eyebell.

It was almost as if there was a sleeve missing?

Another friend has a different mamba but you can't see any screws?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by paulliver View Post
    so then have u tried any of the scopes with a nv unit???????

cheers me dears
    Yes.

Not all good news I'm afraid. Bit reluctant to comment as these are otherwise near PERFECT scopes. I like the glass, love the ret. Weight is good. Overall you can tell a shooter was involved in the concept.

I think the Digital system has a thinner lock ring so maybe fitable to the Mamba, but an unmodified DSA cage isn't going to fit correctly at this time.
    To be good, one must do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Sorry Baldie - but do you mean the digital (ASPro for instance) adapter is thinner in 'depth of mount' OR thinner so can accommodate larger diameter eye-bells ?

Depth of mount. I don't know this, I've been told.

I established the Cobra Merlin DSA requires 33mm (but can be moved back upto 15mm or so). That's with the short lens blind.

The ASPro mount measured as 32mm from NV lens to mount lip...so I assume you mean the ability to fit wider or larger eyebells?

The distance between the front part of the fast focus eyebell adjustment ring, and the ramp for the detachable IR isn't long enough to accomodate a Merlin DSA ring.

I had (from another project) a modified plastic adapter ring with a missing segment that should have allowed the DSA to go over the ramp, but it didn't. If I 'forced it', the mount would have gone on, but the DSA wouldn't have been on square. The corners of the ramp just foul the I/D of the cage. If I were told the ramps were solid, I'd have happily filed them smaller (and lost the warranty obviously.) But having access to the scope would have been worth it. [They really are great!]

Best solution is a modified cage. I'm investigating this.
    To be good, one must do good.

sniper22 Guest
    baz, i can only echo your remarks about the 1.5-6x42 mamba, i got mine yesterday from blackpool air rifles for £119.95. absolutley delighted with it. iv eused zeiss, leupold and a few others but im amazed a the bang for the buck value of the scopes gary has brough to us.i put it on my lite w8fx and it does exactly what needed it to do, aim and shoot quickly.
    its the 3rd viper i have bought and it wont be the last.
    Last edited by sniper22; 09-10-2007 at 09:57 PM.

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Shouldn't that be...

"Eee oop Baz lad, them there Mombers in't arf bad tha knows, me whippett looked through wun and ee could see em's pigeons like from t'ut foot of our stairs even when eatin a black puddin tha knows ee oop!"
    fark orff ya suvvern softy, me old cock sparrer and no mistake, pie n mash, jellied eels (in my best dick van dyke stylee)

them scopes are pukka cushty me old mukka

To be honest I think the optics compare very favourably with those in some very big name scopes as you say Tony, a pleasure to look through

And for any firearms boys the best Foxing scope I have ever used, I reckon this model would also make a superb ratting scope

Or cushty mush, fer FA wonga
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

side parallax

After looking at some pics of the Mamba, i noticed the side parallax does not have the range etched but just numbers ie 1,2,3.

Is this correct or am i not reading the the pictures correctly.
    TX200 .22 - Simmons 6-18 x 40
    BSA Ultra .177 - Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20
    HW100K .22 - AGS 3-9 x 40

i think you must be looking at the model without side pa? the numbers will be the side ir control.

Its a pic on the BAR website http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...t=MTC%20Optics the 3 -12 x44 model.
    TX200 .22 - Simmons 6-18 x 40
    BSA Ultra .177 - Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20
    HW100K .22 - AGS 3-9 x 40

Gary C Guest
    The 3-12 model has side PA - you are looking at the windage turret

There is a small error on the 4-16 though