Thread: Another airsporter date please

Another airsporter date please

Right the code is G105548 thankyou in advance

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    If you are absoluteley positive that it's a single G rather than a GL or GI it makes it a MK I dated from 1948-1954
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

thankyou for that i'm not positive because my ganga at work bought it the other day for getting a rat in his back garden, so i'll check it and any if it is that serial what would it be worth any ideas ? again thankyou in advance

If its got an auto pop up loading tap its a Mk1 (or 2).

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

he's telling me now it could be GL he's eyesight aint what it used to be i'll have a gander tomorrow if it is GL what year is that please and what would it be worth once again thankyou in advance

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    GL = .22 cal 1976 Airsporter MkVI. Mint condition £100, good condition £80, average condition £60ish, poor condition? Wouldn't bother as for a few quid more you can get a nice average to good condition one (.22 MkVI are the most commonly available Airsporter. Why? Because they were very popular in their day ). ATB & HTH: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

right an update he didn't bring the gun into work today so i haven't seen it but the docket/receipt from the gunsmiths states G105548 so it does look like it is a G then the numbers and not GL or GI so what is it worth fellows any idea also when i do get to look at the gun where am i looking for the serial number ? just to make sure and once again thankyou in advance

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    A letter "G" on its own would be a very early MkI Airsporter from between 1948 and 1952. I recently picked up a rather nice example of one of these in tip-top shooting condition off our Baz here on the BBS for £115 posted. Several have also been sold for around this price so far this year, so that would suggest the going price for a good to very good condition one should be around the same. The MkI serial number is on the underside just in front of the trigger guard. ATB & HTH : Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.