Thread: Advice please re FWB 600 price

Advice please re FWB 600 price

Hello everybody. Can anyone here advise me as to what I should offer for a secondhand Feinwerkbau 600 10-metre rifle. Well used in the past, but it has not been used for several years but seems to work OK. Laminated stock, not bad, but would benefit from a refinish. What would be a fair price?

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post
    Hello everybody. Can anyone here advise me as to what I should offer for a secondhand Feinwerkbau 600 10-metre rifle. Well used in the past, but it has not been used for several years but seems to work OK. Laminated stock, not bad, but would benefit from a refinish. What would be a fair price?
    I would guess somewhere between £225 and £275 Norm, depending on condition. It's the most basic model of the four FWB60x series and you can get a good 601 from a dealer on egun.de for about £300 if you're willing to wait.

Fwb600

Hi Norm
    2 FWB 601's have sold in our club over the last 18 months
    1 sold for £250 and the other at £300
    The 601 had a stronger cocking link than the previous model(600) and a safety ratchet to prevent accidents during the downward cocking stroke. So I would agree with Garvin's estimate of value of the model 600. Most 600's should have the stronger cocking link by now, but the 601/602 is a better buy
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by norm View Post

Hi Norm,

Offer him £200 & go from there, £250 would be the max I would pay for a very good one. The 600 had a weak spot on the cocking linkage that is very expensive to replace; although some seem to go for ever without breaking, other guns will have had numerous failures.
    FWB did modify the design but to no avail, the problem was only really rectified with the introduction of the 601 with it's ratchet system, I've never seen a failure on 601 or later models, although it may well have happened to someone out there, & believe me I've seen lots of them!

Dave
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Gosh, all 3 of the wise men!! I have done well. Thankyou very much gentlemen. I will mull it over now and when I go to the club on Saturday discuss it with the seller. Thanks again.