Thread: Webley mk3 .177 supertarget age/value

Webley mk3 .177 supertarget age/value

hi all,
    could anyone help me out with the age/value of my Webley mk3 .177supertarget,it's in excellent condition(a couple of screw heads have burrs),it has parker hale sights,tapered barrel,blueing is in near mint,wood is very good condition,serial no B5480,
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG [IMG][/IMG] [/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

any ifo much appreciated,
    thanks andrew.

Firstly, it would help if you filled in a few details on your 'Profile'.
    Your Supertarget looks to be in good nick, but there are a couple of points that need clarifying.
    Does it have the element holder screwed to the underside of the pistol grip, complete with spare elements, does it have the correct foresight, and why does the PH17B peep sight look to be a silvery colour, or is that just the flash photography ?
    A few more pics. showing the relevant details and a better view of the PH17B would help.

here are some more pics
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Supertarget

Andrew you have a private message.

Regards

Robin.

It's as I suspected, the PH17B looks fine in the second set of pictures, but there does not appear to be any element holder screwed to the underside of the pistol grip.
    It also appears to have the later type of foresight as normally fitted to the 'Anschutz' version of the Supertarget, so it could be a bit of a hybrid/changeover model.

Webley MK3 Supertarget

Just to throw my limited knowledge of these fine rifles into the ring. Hillers book lists all B prefix Supertargets as having the Anschutz sights, A prefix and earlier were all PH17B equipped. I agree with Troubledshooter on your one.

Iam at a slight disadvantage because the photos wont open on my PC but I will keep trying. Value wise a VGC late B prefix S/T with the correct Anschutz sights went for £160 at a Holt and Co auction last December, but I have seen two recently for sale thru dealers for £250 and £315 respectively but these are very top end figures and I image they are as yet unsold.

I just looked at my late model S/T and the trigger block has a dovetailed plinth screwed into it for the Anschutz diopter sight and a similar plinth brazed to the barrel for the front sight, same as yours. So as the experts have said, you would appear to have the earlier model trigger block, tapped for the PH sight, while the rest of the gun has the later model spec.

Mine was one of the very last, from July 1975 and it has an 'F' prefix and the not so nice grey/brown walnut stock.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Webley Supertarget

Hello ,

Just checked my ST's - one has a "B" prefix with a "Z" stamped with the Ser. No. as well .
    Any idea what the Z means , anyone ?

Thanks,

Sam

Smile Webley Supertarget Andrew Luke

Hi Andrew,

Your Supertarget looks very good would you consider selling it for a good price??Regards Bobseasquare.

Smile Bobseasquare/Andrew Luke Supertarget

Hi Andrew,I am brand new to this forum,I am not sure whether you received my last email re the supertarget and if you would consider selling it,I hope this message gets posted so you can reply,Many Thanks Bob Hill