Thread: Burris 4-12*32 R/A:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    baxterbasics Guest

Burris 4-12*32 R/A:

Hiya all,
    I have been using this model on both my "Target" rifles for the last 12 months. To say I`m impressed and delighted,would be an understatement

The scope is very compact,ruggedly constructed and very useable-I have no "Parralax" issues whatsoever. Correctly set up (scope level,level on rifle and using a plumb line at 20yds) you will find that this model is also not "eye relief" fussy. Parralax ajustable,via the front bell,I find shooting on 6* magnification and set for 27 yds,every-and I mean EVERY range one encounters in HFT is crystal clear. I see pellet impact whether 8 yds or 45.

The reticle is a ballistic type-there are 3 lines beneath the crosshair-for bracketing it is superb-particularly 40mm killzones:

8 yds- the kill zone slightly overlaps the top and bottom thick post.

10 yds- the kill zone fits perfectly between the thick posts.

15 yds- place the crosshair on top of the killzone-the bottom of the kilzone will touch the bottom thick post.

20-25 yds- crosshair on top of killzone,the bottom of the killzone is half way between the second and third line down.

30 yds- crosshair on top of killzone,bottom of killzone falls on second line down.

35 yds- crosshair on bottom of killzone,the top of the killzone touches the bottom of the top thick post.

40 yds- killzone fits perfectly between first and second line down.

45 yds- crosshair on top of killzone-the bottom of the killzone is halfway between the first and second line.

55 yds- Crosshair on top of killzone,the first line down is 3/4 of the way down killzone.

I mount them using Sportsmatch low (upto 32mm) mounts. Zeroed at 40yds,my aim points are as follows:

8 / 45 yds- just under the first line.

10 yds- half way between crosshair and first line down.

15 / 35 yds-1/3 of the way up between crosshair and top thick post.

13 yds- just above 15 yds.

20 yds- 3/4 of the way up between crosshair and top thick post.

25 yds-marginally lower than the 20 yd aimpoint.

30 yds- 2/3 of the way up between crosshair and top thick post

40 yds- zero.

The scope performs superbly in dark conditions-in shady woodland and dawn/dusk and lamping,it has worked superbly.

My only gripe,is that it doesn`t perform as well in the rain as the Bushnel elite series-though the addition of a sunshade and scope enhancer should eradicate this.

I have 2 4-12*32 and 2 3-9 *40 versions-I am slowly replacing all my other scopes with these-you guessed it-I love em

Hope someone can find the above of some interest.

All the best,
    Graham
    Last edited by baxterbasics; 21-09-2007 at 09:33 PM.