Thread: Long shot! Record Jumbo wanted..

Long shot! Record Jumbo wanted..

I know its a long shot but worth a try! Ideally in mint condition but would consider WHY.

Thanks in advance.
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Record Jumbo

They look nice,they`re compact, quite nicely made, but absolute pigs to shoot and low on power. Why do you want one?

Never shot one, just liked the look of them! Maybe I should reconsider though and pick up a HW45

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Jumbos are Webley Tempest that went to Amsterdam, smoked too much skunk and ended up in Dusseldorf without any money and got involved with this strange cult called Rekord ...

There's nothing wrong with liking a gun cos it looks good! You can get them on egun.com sometimes but it helps if you know German...

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
    They look nice,they`re compact, quite nicely made, but absolute pigs to shoot and low on power. Why do you want one?
    I've got one and like the way it shoots! Not powerful, that's true, but with good, lightweight pellets, and some concentration, these can shoot quite nicely! With a barrel that short, you can't expect match accuracy, but it is a great little plinker IMO, lots of fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'They look nice,they`re compact, quite nicely made, but absolute pigs to shoot and low on power.'

Inclined to agree with Pagoda, there more a collector's gun now, I have one myself afraid at present though not selling it. I'd swop it though for a HW45 heee hee, yeh some chance. There not that bad though to shoot - Tempest though better in my opinion.

Its a good practice pistol in the garden when I can't shoot my Remi or Colt B/P's

If I was you I'd look for a HW45 in .177

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Jumbos are Webley Tempest that went to Amsterdam, smoked too much skunk and ended up in Dusseldorf without any money and got involved with this strange cult called Rekord ...

There's nothing wrong with liking a gun cos it looks good! You can get them on egun.com sometimes but it helps if you know German...
    My German isnt the best, I will keep a look out for one on here. If its up for reasonable money I may just take the plunge!

I have had a HW45, I (regrettably) let it go. I do still have a BSA 240 magnum, which is definately a keeper.

Thanks for the replies